Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tires for S1

New Tires for S1

Ok, there are so many tires out there, its hard to decide which ones to get. Will someone please do a search of reviews for all of the better street tires today and put together a comprehensive list of the pro's and con's on the various tires as well a list of best prices and availability. I have looked all over the Internet and have come up with NOTHING. Pls help!

Hahaha. I’ve used Michelin and pirelli diablos. Diablos are perfect for me.

Shut up Aaron! Theres a thing called Google...

I've ridden plenty of brands and still totally stuck on Q3+ for sport bike and track (supposedly the Pirelli TD is the "Q3+ killer", so Dunlop just put out an even softer Q4, such is the game...)

and Michelin Pilot Road 5's for distance and sticky sidewalls. Tons of miles on the STT with amazing wear and still a good carcass shape.

I keep hearing great things about the new Bridgestones (B-21 and B-22). I go through tires fast (except the PR5's) so I'll try them next time, just because

Just put a new Rosso III on the back of the Brutalé, because of the big hole in the Q3+ on Saturday So Ill be sure to give you a personalized review soon.

A29F8AE6-4251-4916-8850-245E1B6A1A65.jpg

C80784AF-2D74-457E-A873-C5B046F718BB.jpg

Cyclegear is having a sale on Bridgestone S22’s, and your boy Ryan F9 seems to endorse them, so I pulled the trigger.

I saw a Shinko blue smoke burnout tire on the rack of the store by my work and thought of our favorite Pennsylvanian.

Does anyone know a good place in the US to get Buell parts?

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    Hahaha. I’ve used Michelin and pirelli diablos. Diablos are perfect for me.

I agree “Magnesium” Mike Lowary...Diablos are a good tire. I ran those on my SV650 and really liked them.

They only sell that blue smoke Shinko under direct license from LF Heavy Industries, paired with the Neighbor Violator open exhaust mod kit.

Unknown-1.jpeg

Listen, I'm putting forth a recommendation for a vote on a new forum rule, if Cooter's pictures have his feet in them, they are to be banished, as in forever ?

Vote here !

I might be putting a set of Michelin tires on my Mully, I just don't know which one's, as mentioned above, too many good tires out there.
    Last edited by njloco; 06-23-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Cyclegear is having a sale on Bridgestone S22’s, and your boy Ryan F9 seems to endorse them, so I pulled the trigger.

I saw a Shinko blue smoke burnout tire on the rack of the store by my work and thought of our favorite Pennsylvanian.

Does anyone know a good place in the US to get Buell parts?

Shinkos are very nice and priced right but here in AmishLand we only have cow-paths and narrow cobblestone streets.....so most serious riders have switched over to WuTang Street Intimidator bias-belted nylon tires. Local dealer has them on sale and accepts Dine-Out book membership coupons. We only ride 2-strokes...mostly Kawi Triples...and the WuTangs handle the heat and exhaust oil droplets quite well.
    Thanks for thinking of me, Aaron!

Last edited by Barrett; 06-23-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Shinkos are very nice and priced right but here in AmishLand we only have cow-paths and narrow cobblestone streets.....so most serious riders have switched over to WuTang Street Intimidator bias-belted nylon tires. Local dealer has them on sale and accepts Dine-Out book membership coupons. We only ride 2-strokes...mostly Kawi Triples...and the WuTangs handle the heat and exhaust oil droplets quite well.
    Thanks for thinking of me, Aaron!
    I had some Shinko Ravens on one of my Sv650's and they did very well for my non-leaning squiddish style of riding.

That noise! That beautiful noise!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast