Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
Unfortunately it’s not that silly. He is going to want to make a little $$$ on it and so is the retailer. At the small volume he is likely doing compared to HD, his landed cost is likely about what Harleys MSRP is/was.
I'm not trying to trash him. I do appreciate the effort and to be fair, he's doing it "right". But today is a Brave New World.

As a regular Joe, I can send the existing CAD file (or just 3/d scan with my i-phone) and have a mould CNC'd for the cost of the billet and 2 hours machine time (about $500 each) then mould as many as I want in whatever color or durometer I want. Thats a pretty minimal investment to make unlimited parts.

Or: Just like Dan did, I can print one out of PLA, nylon, wood, or even metal, with a machine that costs $500 in about 6 unsupervised hours on my table at home. Using about $8 in materials for each one.

He has invested his time and money into providing us Buellers with a part gone NLA, and deserves his ROI. But what the heck do I know? I paid $80 for a stock plastic EBR chain guard...