Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Left-side Low-side :( ...looking for Lt Footpeg, Shift Lever, & Frame Pucks

Left-side Low-side :( ...looking for Lt Footpeg, Shift Lever, & Frame Pucks

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a Left-Side Footpeg and Shift Lever. I'd be happy w/ used but new, if not available. Also think it's a good time for Frame Pucks. Luckily my damage was minimal.

I grabbed a handful of front brake in a panic and low-sided, luckily my bike seems to have minimal damage and allowed me to limp back home in 1st gear...much better than my left knee, shoulder, and badly bruised ego.

Ride safe my friends!

Thanks~

That sucks, Dan Thats been going round lately. I'll go look in the parts bin for ya and see what I have.

Gotta take your licks, but see this as an opportunity for upgrades!

Knockover stuff like that and turn signals, levers, mirrors, I consider to be consumables. The nice ones are pretty, but $200 mirrors aint for me, $30 convex E-bay ones are just as shiney and maybe it's a good time for drop pegs if you've been thinking of them?

I've knocked Stella over a few times off-road, and wobbled out the hole in the primary case So I blind hole tapped the hole way bigger and heli-coiled down to 3/8"-16 (still way bigger than stock and now steel instead of just in aluminum), used a larger shoulder bolt, and put a larger oillight bushing in a billet ebay shifter to fit the shoulder. The result is a uber-beefy shifter I don't have to worry about any more. PurPony sell a ridiculously cool shifter too

NCCR has 'upgraded pucks'.
    https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh...&cid=290&s=&a=
    I think Doug Hepler got this finished:
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...ht=frame+pucks
    And they're still on e-bay.

One thing to watch out for on a left side drop can also bend the shift rod, so check closely for smooth operation or a leak at that little seal.
    It can also pop off the shift pawl spring. You'll know that right away because it will only up-shift and not downshift Easy fix though. I have bough a few "Nice Buell for sale, blown transmission" and made out like a bandit!

Heal up fast!

Hey Cooter, thanks for all the information! I like your take on making good out of the bad
    This is the first time I've ever low-sided a Buell and was really surprised by the minimal damage...no damage to grips, clutch lever, mirror, front fork...just the three items. I'm thinking I'd like to just get the OEM installed to make sure everything's ok before I invest. It's stuck in 1st gear, right now, so I'm hoping it's just due to the bent shift lever. (No leaking fluids that I can see) I haven't dug into it because I'm walking around like Frankenstein at the moment, can't bend my knee and shoulder's killing me.

Thanks again and I'd love to purchase anything you might find in those bins of yours!

RoadRash.jpgResized_20200625_104833.jpg20200625_104814.jpg
    Last edited by Danthehitman; 06-26-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Quick question, folks. Do you think this Frame is ok "as is"? I was planning to purchase the frame pucks and place over this small dent/scuff. Since then, I've wondered if there may be any internal damage to the sealant. Anyone have experience in this field?

Thanks~

Fresh organic pineapple on those sores works miracles, ask me how I know !

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Fresh organic pineapple on those sores works miracles, ask me how I know !
    Really?? I'm on day 5, still pretty sore...I'd love any ideas!

Really NJ, or are you messing with him? I'd think it would sting!

Dan, I took a look and don't have any OE parts you need Your shift shaft looks like it didn't get hit so hopefully you're ok there once the shifter and pivot are fixed. The tank is double walled and I've seen them take a MUCH bigger hit than that, too bad you did t already have pucks on it, but ya its normal for some one to cover the dent with a puck after he fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Really NJ, or are you messing with him? I'd think it would sting!

Dan, I took a look and don't have any OE parts you need Your shift shaft looks like it didn't get hit so hopefully you're ok there once the shifter and pivot are fixed. The tank is double walled and I've seen them take a MUCH bigger hit than that, too bad you did t already have pucks on it, but ya its normal for some one to cover the dent with a puck after he fact.
    Ya, I'm thinking NJ has a bad sense of humor! lol...peroxide is bad enough!!!

Cooter, that's great news! Let me know how I can get those off your hands, Venmo or whatever you need. That's good news on the frame, I'll get a set of pucks ordered-up...what a relief!

If anyone knows about crashing a bike, "Low side" Cooter does.

Glad you are on the mend!

There is also a thread on here from AZmidget91 that discusses things to look for when the bike is shifting poorly or not at all. I think I found it for NJ not too long ago.

Maybe this is what NJ was referring to about pineapple to help the healing. Hopefully its with a tropical beach and not the Jersey shoreline.

Last edited by 34nineteen; 06-29-2020 at 07:35 PM.

This definitely will also work ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!

I am not kidding, it will also get rid of old scars or make them almost invisible ! Do not use hydrogen peroxide, it destroys the cells. Not everyone can have a wife that s a witch !

I just did this for my little mishap, when I finally went to the dermatologist, she asked what I was putting on it, when I told her she said, " really it looks very good ".

Last edited by njloco; 06-30-2020 at 01:34 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast