Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Left-side Low-side :( ...looking for Lt Footpeg, Shift Lever, & Frame Pucks

Dan,

Check out this link. This assembly pictured is what I was referring to. There is another thread from azmidget going into detail on this as well.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...al-replacement

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1388620200701_124346.jpg
    I just finished printing my preliminary Frame Puck to verify fitment to the frame (starting w/ the good side first!) Fits well though I have a few immediate changes and plan to add the detail on the face to make it look more OEM. Not bad for a first run!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would make it wrap a little more around the back to help cover any dents in a damaged frame.

I wonder what it would look like if you removed the "point" and had cover the weld in front of it?

Looks really good, though!

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I would make it wrap a little more around the back to help cover any dents in a damaged frame.

I wonder what it would look like if you removed the "point" and had cover the weld in front of it?

Looks really good, though!
    Hey 34nineteen, ya, I'm glad you mentioned that about the back radius (in front of the knee)...I kept looking at pictures and some appear to go over and others appear to stop short of that radius. I think I'll do that for the next run. As for that front weld, I like that idea, too, though that'll exceed my printable area on my 3D print bed so I'll keep it short for now. It is a great idea, though...welds are always a bit unsightly!

I could help with that? Mines 300x300x400? I have PLA in it now but getting Nylon for another project (EBR airbox Charcoal can delete).

Did you just scan one or is there a file out there already?

Hey Cooter,

I'm starting from scratch by scanning my frame and modeling new puck geometry. I'm going to turn that "knee" radius a bit on my next version as 34nineteen suggested. I don't want to run it all the way up to the weld at this time, just going to keep it simple for now...though that's a good idea for another day I'm getting close on finishing my next version.

I'm running a CR-10, it's 300 x 220 x 300. You might be close, for running up to that weld, but I'd have to take a look.

I think TPEHAK did that on the other forum. I think I saw it in the knowledge vault section. I’m not up on cad software, so not sure it that will help or not.

I'm running a CR-10 as well! Didn't know they made different beds for the same printer.

Thanks 34:19 I didn't know he did that. I'll look for it and maybe pump some out to have on hand for people that need them. I really appreciate what the other dude was doing but $200 is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I'm running a CR-10 as well! Didn't know they made different beds for the same printer.

Thanks 34:19 I didn't know he did that. I'll look for it and maybe pump some out to have on hand for people that need them. I really appreciate what the other dude was doing but $200 is just silly.
    Unfortunately it’s not that silly. He is going to want to make a little $$$ on it and so is the retailer. At the small volume he is likely doing compared to HD, his landed cost is likely about what Harleys MSRP is/was.

Did you find that footpeg? I just happen to have one in my parts bin from my long since sold XB12S (I too had a small lowside, but on the right side, had to test out the new brake lever, no I didn't see that patch of sand...). Shoot me a PM and we can work out the address/details.

I never would have thought pineapple works on road rash... might have to try that, but in no rush to find out!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast