Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Left-side Low-side :( ...looking for Lt Footpeg, Shift Lever, & Frame Pucks

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Unfortunately it’s not that silly. He is going to want to make a little $$$ on it and so is the retailer. At the small volume he is likely doing compared to HD, his landed cost is likely about what Harleys MSRP is/was.
    I'm not trying to trash him. I do appreciate the effort and to be fair, he's doing it "right". But today is a Brave New World.

As a regular Joe, I can send the existing CAD file (or just 3/d scan with my i-phone) and have a mould CNC'd for the cost of the billet and 2 hours machine time (about $500 each) then mould as many as I want in whatever color or durometer I want. Thats a pretty minimal investment to make unlimited parts.

Or: Just like Dan did, I can print one out of PLA, nylon, wood, or even metal, with a machine that costs $500 in about 6 unsupervised hours on my table at home. Using about $8 in materials for each one.

He has invested his time and money into providing us Buellers with a part gone NLA, and deserves his ROI. But what the heck do I know? I paid $80 for a stock plastic EBR chain guard...

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I'm not trying to trash him. I do appreciate the effort and to be fair, he's doing it "right". But today is a Brave New World.

As a regular Joe, I can send the existing CAD file (or just 3/d scan with my i-phone) and have a mould CNC'd for the cost of the billet and 2 hours machine time (about $500 each) then mould as many as I want in whatever color or durometer I want. Thats a pretty minimal investment to make unlimited parts.

Or: Just like Dan did, I can print one out of PLA, nylon, wood, or even metal, with a machine that costs $500 in about 6 unsupervised hours on my table at home. Using about $8 in materials for each one.

He has invested his time and money into providing us Buellers with a part gone NLA, and deserves his ROI. But what the heck do I know? I paid $80 for a stock plastic EBR chain guard...

I’m not saying your trashing him, it’s just that it’s more of a “big picture”. They need to build some profit in to deal with returns/warranties etc. where they will just have to throw them away after someone can’t figure out how to stick in on properly, then claims warranty/defective part and will just have their CC company do a chargeback if their demands aren’t met, right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by XB12MN View Post
    Did you find that footpeg? I just happen to have one in my parts bin from my long since sold XB12S (I too had a small lowside, but on the right side, had to test out the new brake lever, no I didn't see that patch of sand...). Shoot me a PM and we can work out the address/details.

I never would have thought pineapple works on road rash... might have to try that, but in no rush to find out!
    XB12MN, I ordered a footpeg a few days before you posted this but thank you for the message. That's kinda how my luck works

I haven't tried the pineapple trick but have kept up w/ the triple antibiotic neosporin, seems to be healing well. It's awfully disgusting looking at the moment! (I won't share pics, no worries!)

CuraScrnsht-1.jpgCuraScrnsht-2.jpg

Hey guys, check it out...here's my next version. I've extended it so it wraps the knee radius as well as added the cool highlight detail on the face. Running a print now to check fitment to the Left/damaged side of my bike.

Getting closer!

As a regular Joe,

Cooter Now you are trashing Me ??? LOL

Hey SR! Where ya been? No offense to the "Joes" out there, but you are well past that status my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Hey SR! Where ya been? No offense to the "Joes" out there, but you are well past that status my friend
    IMG_71941.jpg

Thank you Cooter Double Carpel tunnel surgery

Its been 8 wks , I rode the EBR & the 1125 yesterday and today.

Heal up quick SR! You above average Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Heal up quick SR! You above average Joe!
    Thank you ! I have low self esteem and I like it that way, LOL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234