If you are racing your Buell or doing track days, what mods have been the most effective for you, and why?

I've ridden an XB, 1125CR and now the EBR SX turned RX and find them all to be pretty capable totally stock. They all needed more aggressive brake pads and heavier fork oil, but I'm 220lbs geared up.

The Oberon clutch slave and quick shifter totally solved the heavy clutch lever. I don't even think about it anymore

On the EBR, a 44-43 tooth rear sprocket works with most tracks. It will still power lift the front wheel in 3rd and I still don't hit 6th gear at the end of any medium length straight The CR needed the R pulleys though.

I swapped in an adjustable steering damper and still run 2 clicks from max! The stock EBR one is pretty useless.

I use "Fat Grips" on the clipons and its a HUGE confidence builder for bar control. I felt like the thin stock grips was like trying to grip a pencil in my fist.

After my last low-side/high-side I checked, and the very wide T-rex axle sliders on the very wide EBR swingarm is a bad combo for an off-camber corner They actually hit the ground and lifted the rear tire before the tire was even at the edge The sliders are in the bin now. Never thought I'd have to check that!

It's funny that engine case sliders run about as much as just replacing the part. Even though its a track day standard add-on, I'm not sure how I feel about them...

I do run an APH Race pipe and ECM but I feel it's totally unnecessary. Stock set up on any of these bikes is plenty fast enough to be fun, besides we're not looking for lap times, we're looking for improvement right? LOL. And Cali is cracking down HARD, even at the track (90dB at Laguna Seca) because rich people buy houses next to race tracks and then complain about the noise

I'm trying new, more aggressive brake pads (thanks outthere). Next step is to lose the uber-cool front end and go with 330mm disks and M50 mono-blocks. The Showa BPF are still ok but I hate to say it... I'm not even that fast and every time I ride a different sport bike, the brakes are better than mine. I think I'm at the limit of Eriks design