Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Riding tips

Riding tips

So I've always been riding cruisers growing up and this is my first sport bike. Any tips that could help me out. For example cornering.

hey turn the same as every motorcycle. Push on the left bar to go left and the right bar to go right. I would seriously consider a MSF class to start with and you get a little insurance break from it, then go do "C" class on a track day. Tell one of the organizers what your up to and you should have no problem getting all the info you could ever want, including lead/follow sessions or even a 2-up lap.

I can't stress enough how fun, safe, and game changing a track day can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdrxb12s View Post
    So I've always been riding cruisers growing up and this is my first sport bike. Any tips that could help me out. For example cornering.

You're a bluenose. One of the finest public roads in the world is in your backyard. ride the Cabot Trail whenever possible. the wannabee racers on here might chime in with their endless "track inspired safety gear" recommendations to include the latest vogue $900 helmet. All bull**** candy-ass nonsense. just look ahead to where you want to go and the bike will go there. if you don't fall off you don't need special ricky-racer paraphernalia. ride comfortable and cool like me.
    Here i am headed to Barber last saturday morning in my track-attire. no Eddie Lawson garb required. i did grab a new helmet at Costco the other week but other than that, i'm race-ready!

Love Always,
    FabioDriven

image.jpg
    Last edited by Barrett; 07-01-2020 at 10:23 AM.

^^^^^^^^^^^might be funny after I've had more coffee. Probably not though. My sense of humor is absent these days.

You look like the guy getting his balance test on a scooter with sandles on lol. The instructor was pissed lmao. But he couldn't do anything

I only have one track to choose from and I'm not ready for that.
    http://www.atlanticmotorsportpark.com

Just seems like I cant gt it into the corners like I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdrxb12s View Post
    You look like the guy getting his balance test on a scooter with sandles on lol. The instructor was pissed lmao. But he couldn't do anything
    Where is that video? I saw it once and haven't been able to find it since.

Well looking at there website made me a little horny. Might take a course. Looks fun. And I like speed. And I cant get pulled over yeeeees!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    hey turn the same as every motorcycle. Push on the left bar to go left and the right bar to go right.
    I've always wondered why the physics works like that. Is it from pushing on the bar, you are shifting your weight to that side? Are you leaning a bit when you do that? I dont think thats the case, as I never lean into my turns. LOL.

A motorcycle squid is a slang term, so having a definite meaning for it is not easy. ... The urban dictionary defines a motorcycle squid as someone who over-estimates his abilities while riding a bike, and is over-confident of his abilities despite lacking any relevant skills.Mar 17, 2017

Yup... nailed it!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast