Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Full street fairing for my XB12R (Sharkskinz ?)

Hi Disturbed1 !
    Finally an interesting answer. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
    I am going to order the fairing from Sebimoto's website and see what to do when I have it in hands.
    I'll let you guys know about the quality of their stuff (they ship worldwide).

There quality is good. It may take a while though. I don't know what type of riding you do but if much of it is below 40mph your going to roast.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge
    No problem.

I know that the sharkskins were molded using the original XBR upper fairing, so they are very close in tolerance and fitment. (And if I'm not mistaken, sharkskinz was the OEM manufacture of the EBR plastics, as the last time I walked though East Troy assembly there was boxes upon boxes with their name on it.) The same with the KDC (Japan) fairing. In fact the KDC was just slightly narrower than the original, which lent itself well to tuck behind the stock upper fairing or windscreen. I'm sure sebimoto is probably the same with fitment and you can work it out on what you want to do.

Good Luck.

Frenchie,

You should do this.

Hey Disturbed, that is probably one of the best looking Firebolts I've seen It pulls away from being quite so odd looking (good or bad depending on your taste, but good for me) . The body color frame blends the whole thing to look very original.

You make a good point that 'race fairings' need a bit of fiddling, but nothing a steady hand, basic tools, and a mask can't fix. Do you know that bike? Or just a pic you found?

Cooter...

The body color frame blends the whole thing to look very original.
    The color on the frame is actually those weird frame protectors cut down and painted the same as the fairings. (I never cared for them, but with the fairings its kind ‘a cool.)

'race fairings' need a bit of fiddling
    Race Fairings = Uni-bits are your best friend…

Yes, I know of this bike, it’s actually in Japan. Over the years I’ve imported a lot of stuff from the orient. From body kits to handmade aluminum Yoshimura suzuka / le’mans fuel tanks. I had someone task me with putting a street/race body on an XBR, but I could not find what was necessary in the US. (Because Sharkskinz and Hal’s stop production and stocking the fiberglass fairings.) So I looked overseas and found this bike. My O’Lady translated what he’d done, because she is fluent in sushi, and I thought it was pure genius. (Why try to make an integrated street / race fairing, when you can leave the stock upper front fairing and tuck a cut down race fairing behind the leading edge.)

If you want to check out his twitter feed look at the link below. He’s a funny guy…and I think he knows you Cooter. In one of his tweets he says Cooter can’t hit an Eggroll, oops sorry, it’s Apex…

https://twitter.com/nb8c_rs
    Last edited by Disturbed1; 07-10-2020 at 08:20 AM.

I don't speak sushi, but the pics are pretty! Thanks for the link

Unknown.jpeg
    I have a Stormtrooper relationship with apexes. Can't hit a thing!

Can you make it look like this 1125? Nice body.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy...148382373.html

Silverrider,

I never really have gotten into the 1125 series of Buells. But that looks like a Catalyst Composites Super Sport Upper – Street (1125US) pared with a Super Sport Lower (1125 L), which they still manufacture.

Can you make it look like this 1125?
    As far as me doing anything anymore, I’ve closed up shop and been working a dull job until I retire and move to my other house in Middle Tennessee… (Located on 34 acres next to the Land between the Lakes National Forest = twisty roads and elevations = real fun.)

You know, after looking around, I’ve really been digging some of the 1125 CR / R stuff. Especially the ILMBerger Carbon components, and 1125 are going for pretty cheap around here. (I like it especially because you still have the under-slung exhaust, unlike the new EBR's.) But I guess at that point I might as well pick up an EBR.

https://ilmberger-carbon.de/Carbon/I...2008-2011.aspx

buell_1125_carbon_31_2.jpgbuell_1125_carbon_30_2.jpgbuell_1125_carbon_24_1.jpg

The middle of Tennessee is an amazing destination for riding So lucky you get to retire there.

A 'full fairing kit on the 1125's seems to really modernize the whole bike, and the chain conversion and cool rear wheel on that yellow one are sweet!

I've got nothing against an 1125, and would happily rock a red lobster CR again, but for $3K-ish more you might find a good deal on an EBR and it is light years ahead in every metric. The muffler is still underneath, and removing the resonator, adding a tips ECM, would look like the yellow one above (neat how they are not the same size) and is the first thing most EBR'rs do anyway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast