Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Full street fairing for my XB12R (Sharkskinz ?)

Full street fairing for my XB12R (Sharkskinz ?)

Hi everyone,
    I'm a new member located in France. I have had my XB Firebolt for 8 years and since the beginning, I have been wanting to make her look like a "racing" street machine.
    During my research for the perfect fairing, I have found many pictures with the Sharkskinz street fairing coming from this forum. I am also a member of the french "Buell passion" forum but haven't found anything there about a street fairing.

This is why I'm here today. Do you guys know how/where I could find a street model nowadays please ?
    The last thread I've seen about it here dates back to 2017.

If I don't find a street version I will go with the race full fairing from Sebimoto and try to cut holes for the headlights (may look awkward) or adapt a OEM fairing (not the same materials).

Thank you
    Sofian

Airtech streamlining. Google is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Airtech streamlining. Google is your friend.
    Thanks for your answer. I know this website, they only sell the "racing" full fairing like everywhere else, not a street full fairing with the headlights holes.
    Unfortunatly, the street version they have is the upper fairing just like the original Firebolt.

It might be easier to find a bike that has the look that you like and put an XB motor in it.

Forum member “Cooter” makes engine conversion kits. He is very modest and will likely say it isn’t true. Don’t give up! After about 10 or so strongly worded messages, he will relent and sell you this elusive part. He also makes extended swingarm and a neat carb conversion for XB’s. I am actually running his prototype adjustable dip stick on my bike and it works great aside from needing to be adjusted every thousand miles or so.

He also told me he was the true inventor of the Hell Fire exhaust system and that lunatic fringe stole the idea from him over a couple of beers, and now mass markets them under various names. What a jerk!

Last edited by 34nineteen; 07-06-2020 at 09:27 PM.

LIES!

And how did you get a pic of my Yugo with a Fiero body kit with a Corvette body kit with a Testarossa body kit? LOL

and Heather Thomas would wipe the floor with Farrah Fawcett
    Last edited by Cooter; 07-06-2020 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    LIES!

And how did you get a pic of my Yugo with a Fiero body kit with a Corvette body kit with a Testarossa body kit? LOL

and Heather Thomas would wipe the floor with Farrah Fawcett

A chicken can cross the road better than Heather Thomas. At least the chicken gets to the other side. WHOOOOOOAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

One degree of separation: Lee Majors. I just realized that.

He was The Hoff of the 80's

34nineteen you are sooo right, you made me change my mind !
    Don't bother with the fairing. What I'm gonna do is buy a Pontiac Fiero with a trailer, trade in my XB12R with a R1 and put an XB motor on the R1 (doesn't seem too complicated and if the bike doesn't run with its new motor I'll still be able to show it around on the trailer ).

Seriously, though. Unless Sebimoto has a fairing you like, I dont think anyone is going to make something to make a Firebolt look like an R6. Consider this... maybe you can fit an 1125 front on your bike, and the stock side fairings? Also consider I have never owned a Firebolt or an 1125R, so while I think it could be possible, someone may know why its not.

Not saying it cant be done though... but I dont have a plug and play answer for you. I'd be curious to see what you come up with.

Last edited by 34nineteen; 07-07-2020 at 10:38 PM.

Full street fairing for my XB12R (Sharkskinz ?)
    The "race" upper and lower fairings with the head lights were made by sharkskinz. But were kind of one-offs for Hal's Harley Davidson. (Hal's Performance Advantage Racing - Wisconsin) They may still have the molds, but I'm not sure if they will make just one set, and Hal's or what became Iron Town closed its doors in 2019. Possibly your best bet is to go the route you talked about, which is purchase a Fiberglass Race Set with a Fiberglass Street Upper Cowl and graft it on or into the race set.

DgsUs4fV4AAArTc.jpg DgsUs4fU0AAQnt9.jpg

The above set is a KDC Race Fairing (Japan). The upper light section is actually stock, and the KDC race upper was cut down to mount behind the stock section. (Yes, it splays out the stock upper a little, but its plastic.) The race upper is held by the four stock upper bolts with the stock fairing over it. (You trim the race fairing almost to the edge that the stock fairing begins and tuck it behind the stock.) So you kind of get the best of both worlds… Just realize all of these race fairings are trim to fit. If you have not done this before, get ready for a lot of fidgeting.

Last edited by Disturbed1; 07-09-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast