Hello all.

I am planning to take an epic bike trip in the autumn. The problem is that the Kawasaki ZX-7R, which I'm currently rebuilding and meant to do the trip on, is still very much in bits because of life and ****. It's still possible I may get it together, but I figured better start thinking about a plan B. What's the worst that can happen? I get another bike to fool around with.

So today I accidentally found an okay looking 2006 XB9R with 20k on the odo and asking price of 2500 euros, which I think is pretty reasonable. I have zero experience on Buells, but in some perverse way I do find this one extremely attracting.

Can the bike take TWFO riding from Estonia to Italy and preferably also back? I know, old bikes are very much individuals, but are there any pitfalls I should keep an eye on when a) going to check the bike out and b) if I buy it, when I'm riding around at home as a shakedown? Basically the service stuff I'm taking for granted is servicing&reshimming the suspension, greasing the frame bearings, changing the oil, air filter, brake pads, brake fluid, tyres and checking the wheel bearings. Anything else needed?

And most of all: Would you do a trip like this on an XB9R?