Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheap XB9R across Europe... am I crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Endopotential View Post
    Never quite understood that one. If you're up a creek without a paddle, then no worries you just float back downstream.

Now DOWN a creek without a way to get back is a bigger headache
    This saying must have originated in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    What ever you do don't listen to this idiot ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. !

I have British bikes, Japanese Bikes, and two Buells, my favorite bikes to ride are my Buells ,with that said and in my opinion an R model would be uncomfortable for such a ride. I know you came across one and maybe have a hankering to own one if that is the case then buy it for running around town and hitting the twisties, they're great for that. Like with any used bike, once checked out and all maintenance done I wouldn't hesitate to take the trip. One of the members on here has taken his Ully cross country multiple times with absolutely no problems.
    I dont know who you are calling idiot, but my point was that a Buell sure can make such a trip. As i said a 30 year japanese bike will do it and for sure also a 14 year old Buell. If not is it a non maintained crap bike, a normally maintained Buell should not have any problems.

Dont get this need for using insults here......

F. Rosen: i'm now thoroughly convinced you're specifically on here to either troll...cause problems...incite pointless arguments...or act like a douchebag. we've run alot of your type out of here thru the years and will be happy to make you our new project.
    Case in point: this is the 2nd double entendre of yours invoked to generate friction....with its unimaginative transparency. your previous post, in essence, propped up jap bikes...then retorted the comment with a buell interrogative...then a snide remark bashing the buell brand.
    Now you double-down not only mentioning maintenance, but trying to back-pedal out of your prior bashing with an affirmative opinion. there is absolutely no rhyme, reason or logic to your rational. Plus it's incredibly boring.
    As a collective group, we'll tolerate very little more of your keyboard shenanigans.

images.jpeg.jpg
    I pitty the foo

Barrett: you sounded like Dirty Harry just then!

AF9990A2-7C8D-45EC-92D8-181552324C53.jpeg

Idioms on line,

Up a creek without a paddle,

This idiom has its origin in 20th-century military slang, referring to being lost, as in when on patrol, etc., calling to mind someone in a canoe being stranded in a river with no way to paddle.

Gran torino such a great movie.*Oh, I've got one. A Mexican, a Jew, and a colored guy go into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "Get the **** out of here."

I've always heard it as up **** creek without a paddle. Meaning your in alot of trouble

Shìť

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    F. Rosen: i'm now thoroughly convinced you're specifically on here to either troll...cause problems...incite pointless arguments...or act like a douchebag. we've run alot of your type out of here thru the years and will be happy to make you our new project.
    Case in point: this is the 2nd double entendre of yours invoked to generate friction....with its unimaginative transparency. your previous post, in essence, propped up jap bikes...then retorted the comment with a buell interrogative...then a snide remark bashing the buell brand.
    Now you double-down not only mentioning maintenance, but trying to back-pedal out of your prior bashing with an affirmative opinion. there is absolutely no rhyme, reason or logic to your rational. Plus it's incredibly boring.
    As a collective group, we'll tolerate very little more of your keyboard shenanigans.
    It does not matter what i write here, always wrong. But i will leave if that is needed. Ride safe.

Thessalonians 5:15

Last edited by Fredrikrosen; 07-11-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast