Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New tires - new riding experience

New tires - new riding experience

Got my new tires on the XB9SX today. Pair of Shinko's. They are what they are. I am not going to spend $300 on tires when the area I live in is like 90% straight roads, that suck, are rough, and generally destructive to bike tires.

Anyway, the tip-in is definitely different on these things. It's hard to say what it is I'm feeling, except that it feels "sudden", so I have to completely readjust my riding method.

What I look forward to, regardless, is riding again.

I’ve used Shinko (Ravens?) on my SV650 and they did the job a-ok. In fact, the legendary Buell whisperer “lunatic fringe” ... may his soul Rest In Peace, was affectionately referred to as “Sargent Shinko”.

For what it’s worth, I often look at the tires one puts on their motorcycle as a sign of it’s care and use. Sort of like a pair of shoes. I’m not going to knock you for your choice as it’s a practical and prudent move. However, if you were selling the bike and I was looking at it and spotted the Shinkos, I’d wonder what else you took the path of saving money over quality. But you’re not selling it, so that’s a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I’ve used Shinko (Ravens?) on my SV650 and they did the job a-ok. In fact, the legendary Buell whisperer “lunatic fringe” ... may his soul Rest In Peace, was affectionately referred to as “Sargent Shinko”.

For what it’s worth, I often look at the tires one puts on their motorcycle as a sign of it’s care and use. Sort of like a pair of shoes. I’m not going to knock you for your choice as it’s a practical and prudent move. However, if you were selling the bike and I was looking at it and spotted the Shinkos, I’d wonder what else you took the path of saving money over quality. But you’re not selling it, so that’s a non-issue.
    If I was selling it, I'd be dead. But secondly, I'd put Cheng-Shin's on there.... :P

Shinkos top-quality choice...price right....tremendous staying-power....industry-leading warranty....superior performance.

WuTang Intimidator 5000's also outstanding quality and competitively priced for the budget-minded enthusiast.

Kung Pao Ding Street Enforcer series superb performance blended with market-leading price point.

All the performance one will ever need, right there.

Hugs & Kisses,
    Jimmy 540i

jimmy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Shinkos top-quality choice...price right....tremendous staying-power....industry-leading warranty....superior performance.

WuTang Intimidator 5000's also outstanding quality and competitively priced for the budget-minded enthusiast.

Kung Pao Ding Street Enforcer series superb performance blended with market-leading price point.

All the performance one will ever need, right there.

Hugs & Kisses,
    Jimmy 540i

jimmy.jpg
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me - C.R.E.A.M. get the money! Dolla, dolla bill ya'll!

Shinko ain't nutin' to F wit!

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post

jimmy.jpg
    As an Asian, I should be kinda offended... but you gotta laugh sometimes. We all can't be politically correct all the time.

Paging Capt Sum Ting Wong! This was the classic news goof of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpP2S6c74Ts

Quote Originally Posted by Endopotential View Post
    As an Asian, I should be kinda offended... but you gotta laugh sometimes. We all can't be politically correct all the time.

Paging Capt Sum Ting Wong! This was the classic news goof of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpP2S6c74Ts
    Lol this was played on my local news station. I remember watching it Live! Hilarious.

I have Shinko’s on my Scg from the dealer I bought my bike from. I don’t have any other tire to compare it to as a reference... I find them fine but take a while to warm up.

Why don't use the more trusted pirelli,bridgestone,dunlop,michelin'

This is the first time to hear about this tire,here in Italy.

Mostly because they cost less than half as much and though they don't perform as well they last a long time and get the job done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast