Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front end shake

Hybrid View

Front end shake

My front end shakes when i brake at high speed.

Most likely uneven brake pad deposits that feel just like a warped rotor, or a warped rotor, or sticking hardware.

IMO, get the manual:
    Buellmods.com

Remove the rotor, and clean your stock rotor with scotchbrite, lube and torque the hardware as recommended, then replace the rotor making sure to follow the directions exactly. Re-bed the pads or even better, use the EBC HH pads for street use.

Loose steering stem nut?

Flushed brakefluid cleaned everything with brakeclean and changed brakepads used scotchbrite on brakedisc it did not help, tried to balance the wheel but could not do it because of the wheelbearings where really bad. Changed out both bearings and still it vibrates or shakes, i have ordered new tyres and a new rotor and i will try changing the tire and balance it before i do anything else. Of course i will check if the steering stem bearings are good. Wish me luck..

Quote Originally Posted by DieterVonCunth View Post
    Flushed brakefluid cleaned everything with brakeclean and changed brakepads used scotchbrite on brakedisc it did not help, tried to balance the wheel but could not do it because of the wheelbearings where really bad. Changed out both bearings and still it vibrates or shakes, i have ordered new tyres and a new rotor and i will try changing the tire and balance it before i do anything else. Of course i will check if the steering stem bearings are good. Wish me luck..
    Did you remove and clean the brake hardware? If you have sticking hardware that will cause the rotor to be distorted.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Did you remove and clean the brake hardware? If you have sticking hardware that will cause the rotor to be distorted.
    I cleaned the rotor, calipper brakepads and torqued everything to specs. need to change the tires & balance them because they are really old. made in 2006 as far as i can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by DieterVonCunth View Post
    I cleaned the rotor, calipper brakepads and torqued everything to specs. need to change the tires & balance them because they are really old. made in 2006 as far as i can tell.
    I didnt ask about the rotor, calipper brakepads.

Did you clean the brake hardware? The bolts, bushings, springs and the surfaces they ride on? If the stock hardware is sticking it can pull the rotor out of true.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I didnt ask about the rotor, calipper brakepads.

Did you clean the brake hardware? The bolts, bushings, springs and the surfaces they ride on? If the stock hardware is sticking it can pull the rotor out of true.
    No.

I know this is an old bike that need some tlc, i will post whatever if find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl5RznButY0

Perform this test. Happened to me when I bought a used 03 bolt. I got the front wheel off the ground and tightened up all of the bolts at the triple tree and the steering stem. No more shaking when braking!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast