Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Front end shake

Old rubber

I would not even think about riding on 14 year old motorcycle tires. Much less expect them to be round or sticky. Yikes.

I had this babe up over 100 mph with these old rubber dongs on it no problem, only problem is the braking part.

Got some new Pirelli Diablos in my garage, gonna change them old tires and balance them then i hope it will be good, btw i took the rotor and the mounting hardware off and cleaned it and went over the rotor with some 240p.It is much better now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DieterVonCunth; 07-17-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Got some new Pirelli Diablos in my garage, gonna change them old tires and balance them then i hope it will be good, btw i took the rotor and the mounting hardware off and cleaned it and went over the rotor with some 240p.It is much better now.

Last edited by DieterVonCunth; 07-17-2020 at 07:06 PM.

What's wrong with old tires ? My 07 is about to get a new pair of sneakers finally !
    Since I put new q 3's on the B king I think I'm going with Michelin's for the SS, I should have done it the other way around but it is what it is.

P.S. the attachment does not work.

just some new rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    What's wrong with old tires?
    Nothing.

Until they try to kill you Old tires have lost their oils that make them flexible, and lost their grip by being hard, out of round from sitting (thats why they're old with tread), they have been degraded by UV light breaking down the rubber at the molecular level, and probably even left flat for awhile compromising the side wall.

So you've lost good braking, good handling, and good traction. What could go wrong?

Ya know how it seems like trailer tires are always blowing up, even with some tread left? Same thing. And NOT something I want to have happen on a bike. Some people get away with going 100 MPH on ****ty tires. Good for them. I've rolled 7 three times in a row too The fourth time though, that sucked...

Your correct with out a doubt !
    I must have been lucky, this bike went from a garage in Idaho to a wood shop in Texas and only had 617 miles on it, the only thing I can figure is the tires stayed pretty good due to being stored indoors. With that said, the tires suck in my opinion, I will try and learn how to do burn outs with what is left of them..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast