Thread: How to choose the correct Buell

How to choose the correct Buell

Hi to the all forum member,I'm new in the Buell world,in my garage I have 2 american beautifull old lady(4 wheel) so it's time to pu in the same area 2 american wheel,I live in Sicily and isn' t easy to find the right iron.

Last week finally I sell my Jap,so I'm in process to enter in the Buell world.
    Maybe the question is discussed a ton of time,How to choos ethe correct Buell?
    I quit with track after 5 year,so I want a bike just for cruise with wife,so initialy I think about an Ulysses,a bike with more room for passenger and more confort.
    At same time I found a couple of Xb9 lightning one owner and a couple of Xb 12,one m.y 2008.(I know the problem about oilp pump gear) but I want to understand if there is huge difference between 9 and 12.
    Some one talk about some problem on the euro3 bike,post 2008.

Can some one leave some feedback?

I really appreciate,I apologize for my english.

Welcome to the forum! First off, your English is much better than our Italian, so no worries there. Great to have members from all over the world.

I also had Japanese sport bikes before I got my '09 XB9SX. It's a totally different experience. The V-twin has tons of low end torque, and the rumble sounds wonderful. But these bikes do fill a lot top-heavier than a sport bike. The seats are higher and wider than the average bike, so if you're shorter than 1.8m then that may be an issue. Especially with an Ulysses.

In the end, just get your butt on some different models and see what you like. It's a very satisfying visceral experience.

Buell went out of business in early 2010. So there aren't too many post-2008 bikes out there. Not sure about your emissions regulations in Europe. The bikes are fairly low maintenance except for some common issues with the fuel pump, voltage regulator, and grounding system. Also not sure about how easy it is to get replacement parts to Sicily.

Let us know what you end up with!

PS Found some of your posts from 2017. Time to stop talking and go shopping!!!
    Last edited by Endopotential; 07-12-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Thank you.
    About spare parts isn't a problem you can find in the Europe easily in the worst case I have more familiarity with order over the sea,I have a Corvette and a Caddy under surgery and I buy all my spares in the States.
    Last edited by chevy350; 07-13-2020 at 06:37 AM.

In the Ulysses can I change the tail if I don't like it?
    I found an Ulysses for sale with different take,so I'm curious.��
    Last edited by chevy350; 07-13-2020 at 06:37 AM.

Yup, pretty much anything is possible. Just some quality elbow grease and time with the tools!

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1157501046

i wouldn’t be afraid of a 2007 - they put improved oil pump gearing in the 2007 Buells. I cannot imaging destroying them unless you are absolutely killing the bike. While mine is low mileage, i just cannot see how normal riding an somewhat spirited fun could wreck an oil pump especially if you use quality lubrication products.

20200610_160343.jpg
    Dont forget the fact that 2007's are sexy too!

Yeah, especially the anti-grav models than can stick to tarmac upside down!

“Nunchuck skills… bowhunting skills… computer hacking skills… Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!”