Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Front engine isolators

Front engine isolators

So, where are we getting new front engine isolators? Harley made a batch in 2017, but has anything 3rd party been manufactured?

I’ve looked through the threads and can’t really find anything. Buying used on EBay is sketchy at best!

Thanks! (First post, please be kind)
    Last edited by Rhino1XL; 07-21-2020 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Add text

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino1XL View Post
    So, where are we getting new front engine isolators? Harley made a batch in 2017, but has anything 3rd party been manufactured?

I’ve looked through the threads and can’t really find anything. Buying used on EBay is sketchy at best!

Thanks! (First post, please be kind)
    You likely already found this, but I've been buying parts for my XB from these guys: https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...rch?q=isolator

I don't know about aftermarket. I'll look around and see what I find - I'm totally fine with aftermarket stuff.

Unless you are going to step up to the plate and take over manufacturing, they are done. They are now listed at VPI, so Harley is done with them.

Perhaps a forward thinking, kind gentleman such as that John Barrett guy may have bought some from them to have available for others to purchase.

I have a new one, but an aftermarket supplier would be great. I know the guys in the Netherlands made a nice CNC Aluminum prototype, but I don’t think it got past that stage. There HAS to be a way of making the rubber insert replaceable. Hmmmm.

I e been involved in vintage VW’s for year’s and there are many aftermarket manufacturers making anything and everything for them. Can’t be much of a stretch to make some Buell parts...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino1XL View Post
    there are many aftermarket manufacturers making anything and everything for them.
    Yeah, let me know when they start repopping Notchback rear fenders.
    Last edited by casual_observer; 07-21-2020 at 07:20 PM.

If someone wants to offer up an old front isolator housing, I have an idea that should work and everyone can do it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    If someone wants to offer up an old front isolator housing, I have an idea that should work and everyone can do it themselves.
    I like this guy. ^^^^ He takes charge of situation and works to a solution, rather than waiting for someone to hand something out. A rare and unique quality these days.

Glass-Action.com. Your welcome!

That should have said if it works, everyone will be able to do it themselves.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast