Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Front engine isolators

Poly could work. The poly suspension bushings slide in the shells and require regular lube. If the inserts were not sliding in the isolators the polyurethane could last longer but transmit more vibration to the rider/bike. I’ll look when I get to the shop.

watching this with interest

My idea sticks to the metal but can also be prevented from sticking to the metal. Does anyone know the approximate durometer of the rubber used ?

I still need someone to offer up an old front stabilizer housing !
    Last edited by njloco; 07-27-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    My idea sticks to the metal but can also be prevented from sticking to the metal. Does anyone know the approximate durometer of the rubber used ?

I still need someone to offer up an old front stabilizer housing !
    I know it’s above 70. Maybe 90 duro.

PROTHANE makes the urethane bushings I’ve used in my VW’s. Gotta be a way of replacing just that bushing and sleeve easily.

Well the investigation has begun I have a new one and a good used one. The insert has a steel shell and the bonded rubber inside supporting the sleeve , if the sleeve was centered it might be a standard bushing and available. Being offset and the outer shell pressed in with no shoulder remaining to work with to press it out removing it may require time with a die grinder and cutting it out. The new bushing I’m thinking of two pieces and the sleeve pressed in to make the bushings expand and lock to the mount with out the shell so it will be able to be serviced in a garage at home with a couple sockets and a vise to press the parts out and back in.

Hello,
    New to Buell and the forum.
    I found this post and wonder what happened to it.
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...front-isolator

The product needed more development as it had longevity issues in the last iteration. TPEHAK was working on it, but the original became available again from Harley/Buell. You should actually read that thread you posted, as it has a lot of good information in it about the project.

TL;DR - Squirrel!!!!!!

Hmmm. A 2 piece shell with the steel sleeve should work. Like you said, finding a way to remove the old rubber might require some ingenuity!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast