Thread: Running rough 1500-2000rpm

Running rough 1500-2000rpm

Hello all, I have a 2008 xb12ss. Previous owner let it sit for a long time. Got it going with fresh gas. Eventually fuel pump gave out on a ride and bike died. Replaced the pump, injectors and plugs, new air filter, reset everything, and did breather mod. Starts right up and revs up but has noticeable hesitation at that rpm when riding and feels rough. And front can seems to be running really hot. When checking some parameters with ecmdroid while idling I get
    spark2 8.52
    Spark1 16.72
    Afr1 115
    Afr2 87
    Are these normal numbers?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devin23 View Post
    Hello all, I have a 2008 xb12ss. Previous owner let it sit for a long time. Got it going with fresh gas. Eventually fuel pump gave out on a ride and bike died. Replaced the pump, injectors and plugs, new air filter, reset everything, and did breather mod. Starts right up and revs up but has noticeable hesitation at that rpm when riding and feels rough. And front can seems to be running really hot. When checking some parameters with ecmdroid while idling I get
    spark2 8.52
    Spark1 16.72
    Afr1 115
    Afr2 87
    Are these normal numbers?
    Thanks
    Probably needs intake seals also. Have you checked ALL of the grounds to be sure they were clean and tight. That will cause driveability problems as well.

I've checked the grounds a couple times, but I will check for seal leakage today, just found a video on it. Thank ya

There is another thread about a Uly windscreen, but its really about a grounding problem. Read his story about how grounding issues were affecting the engine running, and the below true account of an actual conversation (that may or may not have happened).

Cooter: what'cha doing?
    Me: Cleaning all of my ground connections as a basic maintenance.
    Cooter: thats stupid. why would you do that? you never have grounding issues.
    Me: Exactly!
    Cooter: Your fridge is out of beer again.
    Me: You jerk!

It's your fault for not locking it

Yup checked the grounds behind the windscreen as well. And I did the test where you spray around the intake seals and nothing changed. And I took the airbox off and made sure the rubber intake boot thing was secured to the throttle body right