Thread: ignition/starter problems x1

ignition/starter problems x1

starter motor stopped 3 weeks ago on my x1 efi, 99 model, order a new one from us, and replaced it today, bike has been without battery 3 weeks, but charged it and starter motor works well, but no i have no spark on spark plugs, and the speedo/tacho meter dont get to up peek and down as before when i turn ignition on.
    side stand switch is ok, clutch switch bypass, i hear fuel pump start and stop when pressure is ok. someone with some tips /advise?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy99 View Post
    starter motor stopped 3 weeks ago on my x1 efi, 99 model, order a new one from us, and replaced it today, bike has been without battery 3 weeks, but charged it and starter motor works well, but no i have no spark on spark plugs, and the speedo/tacho meter dont get to up peek and down as before when i turn ignition on.
    side stand switch is ok, clutch switch bypass, i hear fuel pump start and stop when pressure is ok. someone with some tips /advise?
    Have you checked the fuses? Also have you checked to see what the output is from the ECM? Or verified that the connector is clean and firmly seated? Did you check the ignition relay?

Hei. checked the fuses, and connector ecm, its ok, not checked output ecm, dont have any paper/handbook for the bike, and where is the ignition relay placed?
    its my first american bike...

Quote Originally Posted by tommy99 View Post
    Hei. checked the fuses, and connector ecm, its ok, not checked output ecm, dont have any paper/handbook for the bike, and where is the ignition relay placed?
    its my first american bike...
    It should be in the fuse box on an X1. On my S1, they just hang off of tabs welded to the frame.

You can get a manual at buellmods.com

You are useless. Help the guy out for christ's sake. People come here for help, not to be condesended to by a smug prick.

Here is a picture showing the location.

FUSES.JPG

Oh my ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by casual_observer View Post
    You are useless. Help the guy out for christ's sake. People come here for help, not to be condesended to by a smug prick.

Aaron is a much more helpful individual than you are, and your ****ty attitude is completely unnecessary

Quote Originally Posted by casual_observer View Post

Here is a picture showing the location.

FUSES.JPG
    So, you gonna solve his problem or not? You were the one complaining about people’s lack of follow through. Show us how it’s done, or shut the f up.