Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: ignition/starter problems x1

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2

    ignition/starter problems x1

    starter motor stopped 3 weeks ago on my x1 efi, 99 model, order a new one from us, and replaced it today, bike has been without battery 3 weeks, but charged it and starter motor works well, but no i have no spark on spark plugs, and the speedo/tacho meter dont get to up peek and down as before when i turn ignition on.
    side stand switch is ok, clutch switch bypass, i hear fuel pump start and stop when pressure is ok. someone with some tips /advise?

  2. #2
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy99 View Post
    starter motor stopped 3 weeks ago on my x1 efi, 99 model, order a new one from us, and replaced it today, bike has been without battery 3 weeks, but charged it and starter motor works well, but no i have no spark on spark plugs, and the speedo/tacho meter dont get to up peek and down as before when i turn ignition on.
    side stand switch is ok, clutch switch bypass, i hear fuel pump start and stop when pressure is ok. someone with some tips /advise?
    Have you checked the fuses? Also have you checked to see what the output is from the ECM? Or verified that the connector is clean and firmly seated? Did you check the ignition relay?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2
    Hei. checked the fuses, and connector ecm, its ok, not checked output ecm, dont have any paper/handbook for the bike, and where is the ignition relay placed?
    its my first american bike...

  4. #4
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy99 View Post
    Hei. checked the fuses, and connector ecm, its ok, not checked output ecm, dont have any paper/handbook for the bike, and where is the ignition relay placed?
    its my first american bike...
    It should be in the fuse box on an X1. On my S1, they just hang off of tabs welded to the frame.

    You can get a manual at buellmods.com

  5. #5
    You are useless. Help the guy out for christ's sake. People come here for help, not to be condesended to by a smug prick.

    Here is a picture showing the location.

    FUSES.JPG

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    648
    Oh my ^^^

  7. #7
    Senior Member Cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Crawling up your skirt
    Posts
    8,215
    Quote Originally Posted by casual_observer View Post
    You are useless. Help the guy out for christ's sake. People come here for help, not to be condesended to by a smug prick.

    Aaron is a much more helpful individual than you are, and your ****ty attitude is completely unnecessary

  8. #8
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by casual_observer View Post
    You are useless. Help the guy out for christ's sake. People come here for help, not to be condesended to by a smug prick.

    Here is a picture showing the location.

    FUSES.JPG
    So, you gonna solve his problem or not? You were the one complaining about peopleís lack of follow through. Show us how itís done, or shut the f up.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •