Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Voltage Regulator died; any good sellers/products?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    model year would help. beware the $59 chinese garbage you found on ebay.
    Yeah, I am very much concerned about those; thought I'd ask you guys to see if anyone had success with ANY aftermarket stuff. I have a 2005 XB9SX.
    Last edited by kz6fittycent; 07-26-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I just bought an OE one from St Paul HD for my 08 ss. Was readily available.
    Yeah I love that site. Bought a lot of parts from them. I was able to find a factory unit ($205.00 + tax & shipping).

What brand VR did you end up going with? That mod sounds like a good idea. Right "now", I just want to get back to some riding - but not SO fast, I end up F.O.R.D.

here's your choices and like josh and shaughn said...still some in the Harley-Davidson system.

VOLTAGE REGULATOR CHOICES--2003-2007 ARE THREE PHASE/2008-2010 ARE SINGLE PHASE. THE VR BODY APPEARS IDENTICAL AND MOUNTS INDENTICALLY...THE WAY TO ID THEM IS THE EARLY STYLE HAS MATCHING TWIN PLUG HARNESS LENGTHS AND 1 PLUG IS LIGHT GRAY. THE LATER STYLE HAS STAGGERED PLUG HARNESS LENGTHS AND BOTH ARE BLACK

Y1302-02A8 EARLY STYLE THREE PHASE---17 LEFT IN SYSTEM--LIST 192.90
    Y1302-05A8 LATER STYLE SINGLE PHASE--38 LEFT IN SYSTEM--LIST 179.60
    RICK'S ELECTRICS--#10-016H---EARLY STYLE---LIST 153.00
    RICKY HUFF AKA RCHUFF BOARD NAME--HIGHLY SKILLED BUELL TECH--HAS ALL THE MOSFET VR INFO-CONTACT HIM
    EBAY--EARLY STYLE-- CHINESE JOBS-$60 FREE SHIPPING--I HATE THAT GARBAGE BUT FOR THE PRICE BUY 2 AND TRY.

INSTALL SOME SORT OF VOLTAGE GAUGE LIKE SHAUGHN AND OTHERS MENTIONED. $5 EBAY TINY BOX MOUNTS ATOP LEFT SWITCHGEAR CONTROL-WIRES INTO HEADLIGHT HARNESS--DASH MOUNTED MUCH FANCIER AND SEXY.

you're welcome.

"I have spoken"
    -wise man

here's your choices and like josh and shaughn said...still some in the Harley-Davidson system.

VOLTAGE REGULATOR CHOICES--2003-2007 ARE THREE PHASE/2008-2010 ARE SINGLE PHASE. THE VR BODY APPEARS IDENTICAL AND MOUNTS INDENTICALLY...THE WAY TO ID THEM IS THE EARLY STYLE HAS MATCHING TWIN PLUG HARNESS LENGTHS AND 1 PLUG IS LIGHT GRAY. THE LATER STYLE HAS STAGGERED PLUG HARNESS LENGTHS AND BOTH ARE BLACK

RICKY HUFF AKA RCHUFF BOARD NAME--HIGHLY SKILLED BUELL TECH--HAS ALL THE MOSFET VR INFO-CONTACT HIM
    EBAY--EARLY STYLE-- CHINESE JOBS-$60 FREE SHIPPING--I HATE THAT GARBAGE BUT FOR THE PRICE BUY 2 AND TRY.

INSTALL SOME SORT OF VOLTAGE GAUGE LIKE SHAUGHN AND OTHERS MENTIONED. $5 EBAY TINY BOX MOUNTS ATOP LEFT SWITCHGEAR CONTROL-WIRES INTO HEADLIGHT HARNESS--DASH MOUNTED MUCH FANCIER AND SEXY.

you're welcome.
    thanks

you're welcome.

So, I'm wondering how you went about locating the 05A8 regulators. I have called a few places and the only regulator they can find is the 02A8. I'd rather stick with a stock regulator if I can, but this post is the only reference I can't find for the single phase regulator.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstymate View Post
    So, I'm wondering how you went about locating the 05A8 regulators. I have called a few places and the only regulator they can find is the 02A8. I'd rather stick with a stock regulator if I can, but this post is the only reference I can't find for the single phase regulator.
    Thanks.
    or this...

https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh...mc=1&aid=23244

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    What brand VR did you end up going with? That mod sounds like a good idea. Right "now", I just want to get back to some riding - but not SO fast, I end up F.O.R.D.
    Kayzeesix50sent, did you ever get this resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Nicely done. Thank you. I'll look into this option a bit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast