Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: charging issue

Also called the "harley fix" it was a stop-gap measure they installed that would bypass one stator leg to keep the OE stator cooler. Nevermind missing 1/3 of the charging capacity Ahh Harley, you devilish bastards....

Since the charging system components in your 1125 were upgraded and replaced by your "Certified Buell Tech", the bypass (if you have it) is no longer necessary.

It would be plugged between the stator output (the plug with the 3 yellow wires) and the VR. Should be simple to deduce if its still there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Also called the "harley fix" it was a stop-gap measure they installed that would bypass one stator leg to keep the OE stator cooler. Nevermind missing 1/3 of the charging capacity Ahh Harley, you devilish bastards....

Since the charging system components in your 1125 were upgraded and replaced by your "Certified Buell Tech", the bypass (if you have it) is no longer necessary.

It would be plugged between the stator output (the plug with the 3 yellow wires) and the VR. Should be simple to deduce if its still there or not.
    Which could explain why the voltage is dropping out from time to time if it was installed still. The ECM supposedly tells the harness when to bypass the one stator leg. So, if it is still in place it could be telling the new setup to shut off that one leg at the wrong time.

I'm nowhere close to being a "Certified Buell Tech" or even a "Buell Tech". In fact, if I showed up at a motorcycle shop looking for a job, they would probably laugh me out of there and call me a "wannabe hack"... and I know about this. The 1125's were pretty trouble free aside from very few little niggles. This is the most well known issue of a (2009-2010) 1125. This would be like a Porsche tech not knowing about the IMS bearing.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...507-781668.pdf
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 07-31-2020 at 06:34 PM.

"This would be like a Porsche tech not knowing about the IMS bearing. "

Such a brilliant design by those German engineers. What a joke!

rolls-eyes.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12