Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xb12lightning ss choking and stalling.

xb12lightning ss choking and stalling.

XB12 Lightning SS “choking”. Bike started choking, losing power and stalling. Progressively got worse to the point it wouldn’t move 5 ft. But then got on the highway and ran it home. Seemed to not have an issue. Intermittent but can’t figure it out. Has anyone encountered this issue? Link to a video of the bike running. Check engine light has always been on since an aftermarket exhaust was installed 10 years ago. Also has fuel when the issue started.

https://youtu.be/AeacX7_kDmw
    Last edited by pmz; 07-28-2020 at 06:45 AM.

See that amber light? That’s the bike trying to tell you something is wrong. I would start there.

Yeah the exhaust was changed 9 years ago and it stayed on since then. Was addresed with harley and multiple shops. This particular issue started a few months ago. I've been hearing it may be the o2 sensor or fuel pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by pmz View Post
    I've been hearing it may be the o2 sensor or fuel pressure.
    Are you "hearing" that from your motorcycle when you ask why it turned on the 'I have something to tell you'(TM) light? (Jumper Pin #1 and #2)

Or are you "hearing" that from strangers on the internet who are making total guesses with zero info from you?

C'mon man, throw us a bone.
    Buellmods.com (free manual with diagnostic flow charts)
    Buelltooth.com (easy way to get codes for diagnosis)

Sounds like your insulation blanket is still improperly installed. Start there.

It also looks like your low fuel light is on too. I’m going to guess that light has been on for 9 years as well. It probably nothing anyways.

Have you consulted a magic 8 ball? The best part about those is that if you don’t get the answer you want, just flip it over and ask again. Eventually you’ll nail it!

https://youtu.be/05G8xk9YMMM
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 07-28-2020 at 07:12 AM.

Will an after market exhaust trip the CEL light, I've never heard of that happening on a Buell ?

You have to do some diagnosing, then come on here and give some info or take it to a shop that knows what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Will an after market exhaust trip the CEL light, I've never heard of that happening on a Buell ?

You have to do some diagnosing, then come on here and give some info or take it to a shop that knows what they're doing.
    Its probably throwing an active exhaust valve error. Or at least started with that error, and who knows what other errors are in history.

I'm blown away by the fact that he has been riding around for about 10 years with the CEL on and hasn't bothered to resolve the issue to shut off the light. Neither has "harley and multiple shops".

Kids, this is a prime example of "I just put gas in and ride". Don't be this guy. I'm guessing this has been.
    Last edited by casual_observer; 07-28-2020 at 03:43 PM.

He's not wrong, you know. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

unlike Cooter.

Come on, Cooter's been correct many times I can count all those times on one hand !

Yes you are correct,I excluded the exhaust valve giving a CEL because I figured everyone knew it would give it if the exhaust was changed and it wasn't shut off and tied off.

Last edited by njloco; 07-28-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast