Thread: Buying a Uly

Buying a Uly

Greetings, I’m in the process of buying an 09 Uly. Great bike with 28,000 miles on it. Are there any niggles or known issues to look for on the inspection/test ride?

Owner has advised me that there is a hesitation upon hard acceleration. Does it need a TPS reset, or something I can easily diagnose and fix?

Thanks in advance,

Dick

With no info to go on, theres no way to give an accurate answer, but I can tell you that the TPS re-set on that bike takes 3 seconds and no tools. Makes me think it's something else.

Turn on the key and run switch, open and close the throttle fully three times, turn off the key.

Other diagnosis can be found here:
    Buellmods.com

Quote Originally Posted by puhwep-jitpUf-zaxpi8 View Post
    Owner has advised me that there is a hesitation upon hard acceleration. Does it need a TPS reset, or something I can easily diagnose and fix?
    If that was the case, the seller would have likely addressed it to not given you something to negotiate the price down with.

Only issue to check other than engine/electrical is the rear wheel bearings (esp. right side) and the belt.

If the only problem you have is a 'hesitation', it sounds like the bike is in pretty good shape.

Heck - it might only need a tank of clean hi-test and some injector cleaner!

Let's go sea foam