Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another XB12S fuel pump issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Gord: below is 2010-only pump. again...the OEM part # is P0130.7AA
    you'll be able to tell from my pics if yours is modded or not. another 2010-only pump clue is that what appears to be reg. has a large metal finger-style clip holding it in place.

do as you please but considering the fact that this part # appears to be gone now, i would work with what you have...do a full rebuild...carefully check all wiring again including the main wiring feed to the pump harness itself.....and hope that solves your problem.

Attachment 14087
    Attachment 14088
    Thanks Barrett, the pump you showed above is the exact pump that I have in my bike so I guess I have the unique to 2010 XB fuel pump that I can no longer buy. Figures...

So a couple of questions for you:

1. Will the P0130.5AA work as a substitute even with the built in regulator? I ask because more than a few sites that sell these pumps including SPHD list that part number as a fit for a 2010 XB

2. If the pump I have does not have the built in regulator then what is that part that looks like a reg and held in with the metal clip? (just curious on that one)

Gord

Definitely rebuild it, Barrett can set you up with a rebuild kit ( I think ).

What concerns me is what looks to be a dent in the middle picture on the upper part of the shiny metal piece ?
    Last edited by njloco; 07-30-2020 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Definitely rebuild it, Barrett can set you up with a rebuild kit ( I think ).

What concerns me is what looks to be a dent in the middle picture on the upper part of the shiny metal piece ?
    That dent is on the fuel filter so I don't think it would be a deal breaker. Not sure if I did that getting it out (most likely) or if it was like that from a previous install. I am the 4th owner of this bike and I have very little maintenance history to work with. I'm kind of just winging it with that and even if I knew more I doubt it would change much in how I approach this repair. It truly does suck that I bought the only bike with a one year only fuel pump. Makes me wonder what other surprises I have in store.

Barrett, is it true that you sell some sort of repair kit for these pumps?

Good to know kind sir!!

Rebuilding my pump on my '07 today, I noticed a couple of tiny nicks in the wiring as shown in some of the photos in this post. I also noticed the wires do not have the protective sheath like other photos in this thread. Before reinstalling it I'd like to put one of these protective sheaths on the wiring. Any suggestions on sheathing that will work while living it's life immersed in fuel?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12