Thread: Uninstalling subframe spacers/tail lift kit

Uninstalling subframe spacers/tail lift kit

My bike came with these and I want to try riding with them removed. I believe they’re the moto diesel variety.

Did these things use the stock bolts that attach the tail to the frame?

Do I need to use red loctite like the manual suggests, or will blue suffice?

Thanks in advance!

Yes to the red loctite. Remove the subframe spacers, you should have one set of bolts extra, put those back in. Basically, remove the spacer bolts, remove the spacers, drop the tail section back down, red loctite the 2 bolts and put it together.

"Install fastener (8) securing right front trunk pan to right side tail section. Apply Loctite 272 to threads of left rear tail sections fasteners and tighten to 102-112 in-lbs (11.5-12.7 Nm)."

This was taken direct from the service manual. It references the right side being loctited in the paragraph before this one.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    Yes to the red loctite. Remove the subframe spacers, you should have one set of bolts extra, put those back in. Basically, remove the spacer bolts, remove the spacers, drop the tail section back down, red loctite the 2 bolts and put it together.

"Install fastener (8) securing right front trunk pan to right side tail section. Apply Loctite 272 to threads of left rear tail sections fasteners and tighten to 102-112 in-lbs (11.5-12.7 Nm)."

This was taken direct from the service manual. It references the right side being loctited in the paragraph before this one.
    Gotcha, thanks Dean!