Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cooter and Bubbles ride to Mumzys house.

Thanks for the effort 34:19 and the compliment SR!

This is a great adventure. I think having it right up front on the forum makes it easier for all to enjoy. Thanks for taking the time to take pics and the great writeup!

Just a few more episodes to go for our west coast ride down PCH, but stopped in our tracks by even more wind and trapped by FIRE!!

Awesome writeup Cooter!

Sorry you guys had such a miserable time in the Gorge. I lived up there for a year, and dare I say I love kitesurfing even more than motorcycle riding.
    Funny how one man's pleasure (nuclear winds) is another's torment.

I just got back from a rafting trip down the Rogue River. Then drove down from Gold Beach back to SF. You're absolutely right - the Oregon coast is stunning.

IMG_0067.jpg

Hey Endo! Your trip sounds amazing and we were pretty close again! Last week (driving but rainy) from Seattle to Portland on the coast, stopped by Cape Disappointment though.
    2031BD97-0FE3-4D92-BC74-311B1BCE0A10.jpg

I've been through the Gorge many times and have seen the masses of you crazy mo-fo's out there ripping up the river. I'm in love with the desolate stretch of 14 into Idaho, but these were so strong and unpredictable the Colombia river was empty of surfers

From the partying Equator, I feel the older we get... our lattitude should decrease slowly until we die, alone and grumpy, at the North Pole. haha.

Yeah, Cape Disappointment is one soggy mess. The grey winters of the Pacific NW will make anyone want to cry.

Your moto trip was a couple months back though, right? You two are totally welcome to stop by Pacifica the next time around.

Hopefully we can get the West Coast gang together for a ride soon. Opto is snowbirding down here somewhere I think. And "thewood" is by Mendocino?
    ACSchnitzel is here in the SF Bay Area as well. Maybe meet somewhere along the coast???

Endo and others,

I wouldn't call it snowbirding, more like snowboarding-- Pretty murky, cold and miserable of late here in the NW. Anyway, now that March is here I am getting ready for a run down the PCH. New tires on the XR. I guess we need a consensus as to where and when. I won't be going much further South then Napa--but have a hankering for some Mendocino coast.

Lets do this!

Opto

It wouldn't be hard to get together once everyones in the right area. I love that north SF bay on the coast, west side of Muir Woods, lots of neat little shoreside towns hidden back there!

The next little distraction for Bubbles and I is to get 4 days in Death Valley before it gets too hot there and it's already in the mid-80's! She's dying to rent a RE Himalayan for some God forsaken reason and I don't think 24 horsepower will get her comfortably across the desert, so I'll toss it and the Ss in the back of Ol' Josephine Dirté and find a place to park it about 50 miles away.

All,

I used to work for an opera singer (female) in Muir Beach, but that is story for a bourbon around the campfire.

I am happy that you will let an XR1200 rider back in the Buell club. See you all soon--come up with some dates--couple of weeks out from now?

Lots of great rides but the ride up from Tam Junction to Fort Bragg is outstanding. Some of the East West roads between the 1 and 101 are pretty awesome.

We could meet up maybe at my Daughter's place in Napa. I will ask. She is a professional wine maker so we could top off with the good stuff.

this could be a fun get together.

Opto

All, Count me in; whatever date and route that is chosen. If Mendocino,Fort Bragg is the end turn around point, I would meet up with you at the starting point and end my ride there. I could bunk several if need be; 2 guest rooms, and 2 acres in Mendocino. Hopefully all the Pubs are unrestricted by then(fingers crossed). But, I've got 2 refrigerators and a nice fire pit!

The Wood a.k.a. Bob

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast