Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XB9 sudden misfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrikrosen View Post
    Today did i put back the stock Walbro pump, a new hose between the regulator and the metal filter and a new regulator from Quantum. It primes nice, have a good flow when putting the fuel line in a bottle. The fuel pressure was 50psi when the pump primes. Now just waiting for my new ht leads before i will take if for a test ride.
    The regulator from Quantum is incorrect. The kpa rating is 300. Stock is 338. You now have less fuel pressure than stock

Quantum is 300 kpa=43.5 psi
    Stock is 338 kpa=49 psi

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    Quantum is 300 kpa=43.5 psi
    Stock is 338 kpa=49 psi
    Yes i did notice that but i have seen posts people using them with out issues. I hope it will work, the pressure to the injectors was 50psi. It sucks Quantum sell parts with wrong specs. In worst case will i have to change the regulator.
    Last edited by Fredrikrosen; 08-24-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Yes i did notice that but i have seen posts people using them with out issues. I hope it will work, the pressure to the injectors was 50psi. It sucks Quantum sell parts with wrong specs. In worst case will i have to change the regulator.
    I ran my stock xb9 with quantum’s regulator for 2 Years before I found out it was wrong. I never had an issue. You should be fine. It just pisses me off that they won’t fix the problem. I have emails telling and showing them that it’s the wrong kpa rating. They just don’t care.

I ran my stock xb9 with quantum’s regulator for 2 Years before I found out it was wrong. I never had an issue. You should be fine. It just pisses me off that they won’t fix the problem. I have emails telling and showing them that it’s the wrong kpa rating. They just don’t care.
    Great to hear your bike worked well, just what i needed to hear so i can calm. Acually did i just send them a email about their parts having wrong specs. Must be dicks that not listen to their customers.

FP10153. This is a part number for a 350 kpa fuel pressure regulator I bought off ebay. If you ever have to get back into the fuel pump then put one of these in there.

FP10153. This is a part number for a 350 kpa fuel pressure regulator I bought off ebay. If you ever have to get back into the fuel pump then put one of these in there.
    Great, thanks.

Today did i mount the new HT leads and took it for a ride, the bike runs much better. No misfire at highway speed when open the throttle, no back fire at engine braking and not so boggy at low revs. But it is obvious i have to change the intake seals again, the engine react to starting spray. This time did i order James blue seals, the once i mounted some month ago which was reinforced with a steel ring seem not to get tight enough. The AFV still is high, about 125-128 so i hope new seals will solve that. Thanks for good advice Mr.Cooter.

Today did i mount the new HT leads and took it for a ride, the bike runs much better. No misfire at highway speed when open the throttle, no back fire at engine braking and not so boggy at low revs. But it is obvious i have to change the intake seals again, the engine react to starting spray. This time did i order James blue seals, the once i mounted some month ago which was reinforced with a steel ring seem not to get tight enough. The AFV still is high, about 125-128 so i hope new seals will solve that. Thanks for good advice Mr.Cooter.
    Put a light coat of oil on the intake seals and around the intake ports before you install. Let’s them slide right in place. Wipe off excess after tightening. And make sure you tighten the bolts Evenly. Don’t run one bolt all the way in and then tighten the other one. This will cause uneven pressure on the seal. Be patient and you’ll get it right the first time.

Put a light coat of oil on the intake seals and around the intake ports before you install. Let’s them slide right in place. Wipe off excess after tightening. And make sure you tighten the bolts Evenly. Don’t run one bolt all the way in and then tighten the other one. This will cause uneven pressure on the seal. Be patient and you’ll get it right the first time.
    Good info, i will follow your advice. Thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast