Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Highway speed cruise

This was kind of funny too.

Quote Originally Posted by young scooter
    i had to order a new trans cover (300 bucks).
    Fix for $60 shipped.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...-Primary-Cover

Quote Originally Posted by young scooter View Post
    None of that has to do with an engine or transmission. 1 failed old clutch and a trans cover which im not even sure how that could break.
    Thats ok. You keep telling yourself that you're right and we're all wrong. If you say it enough, we might believe it.

I feel like we are married now. Just when I thought the site was slowing down we get to enjoy a slam like this lmao

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Thats ok. You keep telling yourself that you're right and we're all wrong. If you say it enough, we might believe it.
    so let me guess, the next thing you're gonna tell me is cruising the interstate at 7,000 rpm on my CBR is damaging the powertrain. I'm sure those honda engineers are also idiots too.

y'all be clownin, seriously. this has to be some sort of joke

So lets plug 2500rpm into your equation, thats 1583 FPM. So now we have a bunch of FPM values but they are completely worthless because you havent provided a table or bulletin that states that going above a certain FPM for a certain amount of time causes accelerated wear. I just reread your post to be sure of this.
    Most people talk about the forces on the crank from the change of momentum on the piston which factors in the piston WEIGHT as well as it's change in speed. There's no mention of piston weight either. So again, we have a bunch of FPM values and nothing to compare them to? Care to let us in on the secret bulletin you read that states that exceeding a certain FPM is harmful?

I've found multiple sources stating 3.5-4k FPM is acceptable in modern engines, and others stating as high as 5000 FPM. Unless you have some other information you are working off of, there's nothing to be alarmed about here.

I've found multiple sources stating 3.5-4k FPM is acceptable in modern engines, and others stating as high as 5000 FPM. Unless you have some other information you are working off of, there's nothing to be alarmed about here.
    The thing is your all over the board man your talking about 3.5-4k rpms in one sentence then your talking about the bike being able to do over 7000k which is where the idiot Mark's start yellow into red ending at 9000k. Just because it can do it doesn't mean you should or drive a constant rpm close to those ranges. No engine bike car truck bus atv etc etc. Is ment to do that without you causing excessive wear.

Then theres the fact that you've put 2 clutches in your bike. And quote "Oil and primary fluid never had shavings or fibers in it".
    I'm sure your just not getting your point across. That's why people are questioning you.

so let me guess, the next thing you're gonna tell me is cruising the interstate at 7,000 rpm on my CBR is damaging the powertrain. I'm sure those honda engineers are also idiots too.
    No one called Honda, Harley or Buell engineers idiots. That CBR is probably happiest at 7K on the interstate and can do it with ease. The Sportster/Buell motor is happier at 3500-4000, which would probably not bode well for the CBR motor. I'm not trying to put down the CBR or Buell motor, but they are pretty different beasts designed to operate in different ways. I'm also assuming the CBR you're mentioning is a 600.

So, tell us all about this CBR of yours....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123