Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newer motorcycles?

Exactly. At $20K+ for a 'toy' it's no longer a toy to me, because I have to worry about it. Thats not fun. I'd rather have 2-3 sub $10K bikes to choose from in my garage at all times and rotate out for different ones all the time I think we all agree on that point, LOL.

I rent new trucks a lot to work out of town so I get to sample them all. They are getting fancier, they aren't getting better Trucks were a 'need' thing, not a 'want' thing. Even as late as the early 90's, before trucks were marketed as fashionable by profit-driven MFG's you got vinyl seats, manual trans, floor mats, and crank windows. Cheap, dependable, and simple. A car is transportation, make it fancy-shmancy if you want. A truck is a tool, and should last like one.

I'm not saying lose the A/C or power windows, but they are sacrificing thick, quality metal and proven technology for a power tailgate? really? How did the same person that can't lift a tailgate up, even load the bed?
    A rear view mirror thats another camera? The mirror. Like reflective glass isn't good enough? What ever goes wrong with reflective glass? What problem are they solving? The dash AND center screen already turn into a back up cameras, why the rearview mirror as well? At least now, it ruins your night vision and you no longer can shift your head for a quick perspective view.
    All the buttons/switches that have exactly the same feel? Or WORSE, the touchscreen nonsense? How do you keep your eyes on the road if you cant feel the switch to know whether you're turning up the heat or switching to 4WD? With gloves on? It does get cold in places.
    Then adding insult by programming layers of menus to just DIM that damn flashlight in your face.

I'm just a little opinionated

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Exactly. At $20K+ for a 'toy' it's no longer a toy to me, because I have to worry about it. Thats not fun. I'd rather have 2-3 sub $10K bikes to choose from in my garage at all times and rotate out for different ones all the time I think we all agree on that point, LOL.

I rent new trucks a lot to work out of town so I get to sample them all. They are getting fancier, they aren't getting better Trucks were a 'need' thing, not a 'want' thing. Even as late as the early 90's, before trucks were marketed as fashionable by profit-driven MFG's you got vinyl seats, manual trans, floor mats, and crank windows. Cheap, dependable, and simple. A car is transportation, make it fancy-shmancy if you want. A truck is a tool, and should last like one.

I'm not saying lose the A/C or power windows, but they are sacrificing thick, quality metal and proven technology for a power tailgate? really? How did the same person that can't lift a tailgate up, even load the bed?
    A rear view mirror thats another camera? The mirror. Like reflective glass isn't good enough? What ever goes wrong with reflective glass? What problem are they solving? The dash AND center screen already turn into a back up cameras, why the rearview mirror as well? At least now, it ruins your night vision and you no longer can shift your head for a quick perspective view.
    All the buttons/switches that have exactly the same feel? Or WORSE, the touchscreen nonsense? How do you keep your eyes on the road if you cant feel the switch to know whether you're turning up the heat or switching to 4WD? With gloves on? It does get cold in places.
    Then adding insult by programming layers of menus to just DIM that damn flashlight in your face.

I'm just a little opinionated

I agree with all of this. Which is why I like my little Nissan Frontier. Just enough fluff to make things easier/safer, but manual enough so I am still in control (or at least think I am).

The rear view mirror doubling as a back up camera display is a neat little trick, though.

I don't mind the back up cameras (except that people now NEVER use their neck!), I mean the whole mirror is a permanent-on camera screen. The back up cams are different. I REALLY hope it doesn't catch on.

A Frontier is a great truck! and you keep yours clean

The B king does not handle as well as an EBR, in other words it's not a track bike but for cruising and general running around its a smooth operator and pretty fast, the brakes are excellent for a heavy bike and if you decide to get crazy, you can install a turbo which will put it at about 330hp, just remember it was restricted to under 200mph due to it wanting to go air born.
    Last edited by njloco; 08-25-2020 at 12:43 AM.

I love my 2018 Ram Power Wagon. Leather heated and cooled seats, cargo and tailgate cams, lockers ,winch and 6.4 Hemi. Soo much goodness.

Last of the good ones^^^^ Don't forget the solid axles!

A rear view mirror thats*another*camera? The mirror. Like reflective glass isn't good enough? What ever goes wrong with reflective glass?""
    I agree 100% with you but they do make it really easy to hook up a trailer by yourself first try lol. I think the biggest problem is
    1. People rely way to much on technology ( in my opinion the reason for so many accidents)
    2. The vehicle designs are using all the cameras and sensors to get past safety feature requirements because you cant see a damb thing out the back because it looks like your in a 50ft tunnel trying to see your way to the end.( Drove a new car for a day it was rediculous)
    I just find the newer thing get the worse it gets. My old 96 dakota I could see 100% all the way around the vehicle, now I'm in a 09 silverado and it's about 75% but no camera are needed. A couple concave mirrors and away you go.
    3. Well dont even get me started on 2020 dodge suspension system lol

Yes, solid axles are my fav too

[QUOTE=Sdrxb12s;623649]A rear view mirror thats*another*camera? The mirror. Like reflective glass isn't good enough? What ever goes wrong with reflective glass?""
    I agree 100% with you but they do make it really easy to hook up a trailer by yourself first try lol[QUOTE]

Its not a back up camera. They have those too. They are separate and in the dash, with back up lines and trailer hooking up stuff.

It is a rear view mirror, but instead of it just being a mirror, its a screen shaped like a mirror. So much harder to see detail, bright at night, and you cant glance around to widen your view. That engineer should have his stylus taken away.

All my bikes have solid axles....

I like my 05 Ram, last year before the EPA got ahold of diesels.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast