Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newer motorcycles?

It is a rear view mirror, but instead of it just being a mirror, its a screen shaped like a mirror. So much harder to see detail, bright at night, and you cant glance around to widen your view. That engineer should have his stylus taken away.""
    I never seen those ones yet cooter. But the new sierras have the in the dash and a section of the rearview mirror changed to a camera looking at the hitch. I do kind of like that option

Yeah, but newer Sierra's cost upwards of 75-80K, I'll hang onto my 04 Duramax, the rust proofing is at about 95% done now.

I picked up a new old stock KTM Superduke R for significantly less than MSRP.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Yeah, but newer Sierra's cost upwards of 75-80K, I'll hang onto my 04 Duramax, the rust proofing is at about 95% done now.
    Rust proofing? You mean undercoating? Or are you covering the whole thing in rockgaurd lol

I've always wanted to ride a super Duke r. Any comparison thoughts between it and a EBR sx?

I got to ride them back to back, and bought the SX. I must have a thing for weird headlights

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I've always wanted to ride a super Duke r. Any comparison thoughts between it and a EBR sx?
    I've owned both, neither of them will disappoint you. The sitting position on my '19 Duke R is more upright with more leg room, better for a taller guy IMO. Very comfortable and taller than the EBR once you adjust the handlebars to your dimensions. They accelerate and rev similarly and both are torque monsters. The KTM has some trick parts like ss swing arm, brembos, trellis frame, WP suspension. It has a huge gas tank and can easily go 180 miles combined city/highway miles on one fill. One must mod on the Duke is upgrading the steering damper, the stock unit is useless. The EBR's damper is better. The EBR has a shorter rake too so it feels more flickable. I think the Duke might have more steering travel though. The Duke has some cool gadgets too like keyless start (with a key insert option start if needed) and will tell you tire pressure and adjust ride modes on the fly. KTM is having a huge year at MotoGP right now though, so they are definitely doing something right over there.

Never use or have rubber undercoating applied to any vehicle, at least not in the Northeast.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Never use or have rubber undercoating applied to any vehicle, at least not in the Northeast.
    I undercoat all my vehicles. What do you use to rust proof then.

" I undercoat all my vehicles. What do you use to rust proof then. "

Do they use a brine solution on the roads up there ?

Depends on what your trying to accomplish, in my situation the rust was running under the rubber type undercoating, you could crush the the cross members with your hands, very scary! Absolutely no way to remove all the rust on my truck chassis, my friends have seen the completed job and have all said it looks like a new truck underneath, now we'll see how it holds up to the coming winters.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast