Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you lane split?

Do you lane split?

Quick background, I spent years riding in LA traffic everyday and enjoyed on the regular the advantages of lane splitting going around SoCal everyday... now I’m trapped in Jersey for a while and still find myself splitting lanes from time to time... usually only on super hot days moving to the front of lights, most of the time accompanied by at least one Jersey native giving me a one finger salute.

What are your thoughts on lane splitting / filtering where you live?

If and when you get stopped, just say, those ass holes were on their phones and I wanted to get away from them, It has worked so far.
    Yes, I lane split especially in this high humidity we've been having, just don't pass the cop car if your doing it, they tend to get pissed off.
    Last edited by njloco; 08-22-2020 at 02:33 AM.

You guys arnt worried about someone opening their door on you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sdrxb12s View Post
    You guys arnt worried about someone opening their door on you?
    In 20 years and probably close to 200k miles doing it I’ve never had anyone open a door on me. Had a few close calls with people changing lanes, but honestly I always felt significantly safer splitting lanes. I am more worried about getting rear ended by someone not paying attention, I see at least 1 rear ending accident a day! Seriously these people can’t drive.

If they open a door on me and I can still move afterward, I would beat the snot out of them !

" Seriously these people can’t drive " you ain't kidding ! We have some of the dumbest drivers in the world, they give them their drivers license just for showing up to take the test. Though it's probably not as bad as Florida and a bunch of other states it's not far behind either.

You ever see Canada's worst drivers show lmao

Riding a motorcycle along side cagers is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    " Seriously these people can’t drive " you ain't kidding ! We have some of the dumbest drivers in the world, they give them their drivers license just for showing up to take the test. Though it's probably not as bad as Florida and a bunch of other states it's not far behind either.
    Well, was in the car yesterday and got rear ended yet again! Sitting stopped at a light behind 20 cars... motionless for over a minute with no one behind me.... then the screech of tires and the gentle caress of a moron hitting be at 20 mph... at least they tried.

They need to put up some solid steel chicanes around Jersey to thin the herd out.

IMG_20171007_111916.jpg

This works ! It does a nice job on front and rear quarter panels when they try to cut me off.

I lane split, for quite a many years, in Cali. I've been sideswiped twice (went down first time, second time stayed up) but never a door opened on me. Study has shown accidents from lane splitting are less ... damaging(? can't think of better word) ... to the rider than when not lane splitting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast