Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Xb12r isolator mount

Yes final dimensions ready to send to maker today and I am interested in any input on the deflection of a stock mount installed new to see what the at rest measurements is.

Cooter do you need a new mount on one of your bikes? Both my bikes have about 20k miles on them and both mounts are good. You ride way more than me and I would like someone else’s input (and labor to install) on how they work and feel. Anyone feel like sending me a isolator that’s trashed so I can install the bushing get in touch as well I want the manufacturer to have on hand when they make the bushings.

I have/had Buells ranging from 4000-80,000 miles and some were pretty trashed, I have removed them before but so far my lucks held out and I've never had to replace a bad one? Sorry, I don't have an old one to send, maybe someone else does I hope? I would check BadWeb if you come up empty here, they got some riders on there!

I know the trick to an easy mount swap is to have the front tire supported by a chock or stand and evenly support the front of the engine as well. You can loosen the big bolt a little first to adjust as necessary. EZ PZ after that.

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    Yes final dimensions ready to send to maker today and I am interested in any input on the deflection of a stock mount installed new to see what the at rest measurements is.

Cooter do you need a new mount on one of your bikes? Both my bikes have about 20k miles on them and both mounts are good. You ride way more than me and I would like someone else’s input (and labor to install) on how they work and feel. Anyone feel like sending me a isolator that’s trashed so I can install the bushing get in touch as well I want the manufacturer to have on hand when they make the bushings.
    This sounds like a good excuse to buy another clapped out bike!

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    This sounds like a good excuse to buy another clapped out bike!

Is that a joke aimed at me?

Lol... maybe if I could find one I'd probably do the same though

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    Lol... maybe if I could find one I'd probably do the same though

Heh heh. Cooter sends stuff to my house addressed to "Aarons Buell Junk Yard" or "No Beer Discount Buell Parts"

I think I enjoy turning wrenches on them more than riding them. It seems like as soon as I finish one, I lose interest and wind up selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Heh heh. Cooter sends stuff to my house addressed to "Aarons Buell Junk Yard" or "No Beer Discount Buell Parts"

I think I enjoy turning wrenches on them more than riding them. It seems like as soon as I finish one, I lose interest and wind up selling it.
    I did the same thing with geo trackers for a few years. Buy them for 5-600 bucks. Basically went over them, refreshed everything, nice wheels a little lift kit and then I'd sell only to start on another a few months later. Made a fun hobby and produced a little side money too

same price I used to find Blasts all the time it seemed $500-$600 replace carb boot top end gaskets and piston $92 in parts from local Harley dealer 2 1/2 hours 2 whisky shots and a 16oz Grolsch later ready to ride

I'll try badweb. but any one reading this thread offer now extended to you as well if you ship me a bad one and will write up your experience with it

I may have an isolator with a questionable bushing at home. I will have to look this weekend in my piles of parts. (shut it Cooter!)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast