Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Xb12r isolator mount

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    New OEM ones are still available.
    I did see that they were out there, and before I go and spend a crap load on a design that's prone to failure I figured I'd see what else there is out there (if any) for improvements.

So again my question yet to be answered is, has anyone tried the Twin Motorcycle press-in version? Since I'm now assuming the "cvc" polyurethane avenue is a lost cause... 3419 You were the guinea pig if I read correctly, and your answer to my question was to go OEM. hah.

I wouldn't go so far as to say a 17 year old engine mount with unknown mileage and abuse thats "not looking so great" is a part thats "prone to failure".

If you want to buy one... just buy one.

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say a 17 year old engine mount with unknown mileage and abuse thats "not looking so great" is a part thats "prone to failure".

If you want to buy one... just buy one.

You're welcome.
    Thank you for your candor!

I'm not indecisive, nor am I broke, I do have experience but not with Buell...Hence my asking folks that have been around them longer than myself.
    The funny part is, my question still has yet to be answered. If you don't know, you don't know, on to the next, or stay tuned in to learn as well. I really don't understand this need for the useless banter especially when there are posts about wasting folks' precious time looming around for not searching properly... besides keeping post counts up.

We all know sometimes aftermarket doesn't get it right, and sometimes they knock it out of the park, so before I go and buy something, I research it beforehand since marketing these days could sell snow to an Eskimo.

The twin motorcycles press-in seem legit, but the durometer and design could be all wrong, hell, even the bolt-hole size could be wrong! So, before I jump and regret it due to them being absolute dog ****, I'm asking around; Since there's nothing out there as of yet that my searches can find. The site is translated from Dutch, so I don't even know if it'll show up at my door! All things I'd like to know before sending money to a website I'm unsure of.

10000 miles shouldn't cause a failed engine mount regardless if it's a Vtwin or not, so to me, that's prone to failure age or not. I do know how to search, and from my readings dating years back, they're prone to failure ranging from 4000-12000 miles even!! When I read that they can even fail from riding styles, I'd be remiss to say that's prone to failure. I see many have attempted to redesign/modify/update, but none have really come to fruition. I'd love to support the fellas who try too, I know how hard starting off in a small niche can be, so yep, I asked about the "cvc" one as well.
    Last edited by BlackMist; 05-23-2023 at 04:24 AM.

I have some solid ones I can ship now. KZ6FITTYCENT has one in his bike for a while now. He says the vibration is a little more noticeable but steering feedback and feel is improved.

This ^^^^^

The other reality is that one of the main reasons cvc and Twin Motorcycles is reproducing the part has to do with the price. When it was an $80 part, no one cared. When it became $300, everyone started trying to figure out how to get around it.

I dont understand your point of the Twin Motorcycles comment about the website being translated from Dutch being a reason why the part wont show up. In all of your "research", somehow you failed to miss that Twin Motorcycles is an extremely reliable and honest company who has been around a LONG time. Just because they are in another country or speak another language natively has nothing to do with this perceived lack of integrity. Dris and Martin work very hard to develop new parts and keep the parts catalogs online to help out the Buell community and keep it going. Harley couldn't care less about our motorcycles, and neither could the "new" Buell.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMist
    3419 You were the guinea pig if I read correctly
    No, I wasn't and no, you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMist
    your answer to my question was to go OEM. hah.

I merely mentioned another alternative.

cvc is a busy person and developing his solution for the isolator has been a slow process. I'm sure his product is great and probably works well. I've only run OEM isolators and still own a NIB one.
    Luckily for you, he is a native English speaker who lives in the US.

Man, if you want to replace an engine mount that looks suspect to you, go ahead. They are available from a few sources and very simple to install. Twin M/c is a reputable source.

I bet CVC would appreciate you sending the suspect one to him for research.

Man, if you want to replace an engine mount that looks suspect to you, go ahead. They are available from a few sources and very simple to install. Twin M/c is a reputable source.

I bet CVC would appreciate you sending the suspect one to him for research.
    Thanks, all I needed to know! Was hoping someone may have tried the mount for a point of reference if it was a worthy replacement! I could care less about the language barrier etc, just cautiously aware of how many scammer websites there are with botchy translations, so before I send money, I'll do the homework to verify.

The rubber is starting to separate and crack, so yes, it's suspect haha. I have a wicked vibration on decel at low speed and on the highway - with engine braking. Disappears with the clutch in, so I'm going through the diag process and found that mount to be a bit unhappy. Going to test ride more just to make sure the bearings and the tensioner are good as well.

Been in contact with CVC, just waiting to hear back again!

3419.... dude, either lay off the quinoa or loosen up the top knot... what a ****ty attitude to have, thank god I didn't ask you to help search for something.
    I'm Canadian, wtf makes you think I'm some hillbilly bigot that can't order from other sites that aren't 'MURICA hahaha.... I just didn't want to be scammed if it wasn't legit. If someone had tried the mount before, EVEN BETTER and that's literally all you had to say that twin was reputable and no one has tried their mount to your knowledge...
    Last edited by BlackMist; 05-24-2023 at 02:43 AM.

4 posts in and picking on a long term, VERY helpful member that knows more than you, and is also trying to help YOU? Not a good plan for continued support.

We're nice here. Yes, snarky. Yes, bored with the same questions you're asking, and yes, heard it all before. But still here... helping the noobs that ask questions while simultaneously spouting off that they know everything, sure. We got it. Is it too much to be nice back?

Lay off the maple syrup and get a larger size toque, maybe your attitude will get better too.

Well, I haven't seen nice yet, and it really goes both ways! I asked about two styles of mounts that have come to fruition in light of the OE parts costing a left nut, but that does not make me a noob by any means. 4 posts on a new-to-me forum doesn't equate to my life experience so get over yourself. Search terms in 2023... with all of the SEO these days and now AI flooding the gates, who has the time to sift through ENDLESS fodder for an answer. I dove as deep as I had the time for and figured what's the harm in asking some folks that have had the bikes longer than myself.

everyone deserves the same respect you think you deserve by having a high post count and a subscription to the site, and we can all have fun in the sandbox. I couldn't care less about post counts it only tells the world you're likely someone who works on a computer all day and is bored AF. Has no other perks than a dopamine dump. Knows more than me? What a stupid thing to say to a complete stranger.... lol based on what? Time spent on forum? Post count? one brand of motorcycle's engine mounts? ya got me there!!

Neither of you showed respect, both of you knew part of the answer to my question and both neglected to say without my prodding. Nowhere in my first post were there any hints of being an asshole, rude, arrogant, etc. and I get that crap? lol Tell me how you'd respond if that's how you were treated asking for help from a group of reputable strangers. Man, I hate forums. Nothing has changed about them in 20 years, always trolls, always bickering the cycle continues and I fell right into a keyboard battle...

If there were the same questions I asked, they would be easier to find with a potential answer. I did search for twin motorcycles mounts and found nothing, I saw CVC had made mounts, but nothing posted since 2021 or 2022 so here I am asking how progress is going. I will absolutely play nice should the attitudes change, I'm here for help, and may also be of help. If you were nice off the bat instead of keeping your post counts up, and wanted to help... you would have, and we'd be having different conversations right now!

Maple syrup ain't a joke, it really gets a fella proper antsy in their pantsies.
    Last edited by BlackMist; 05-24-2023 at 05:38 AM.

Sir: Your correct XB front isolator engine mount info is below.

Attachment is picture of correct complete New In Box part.

Harley Davidson Buell original part # is------ L1501.02A8

Part number has never been suffixed...modified...amended. Fits all XB models all years

Factory MSRP was $92 and change when the XB models debuted late Fall of 2002....then MSRP more than doubled thru entire production run.

Cursory check shows part # still active....NOT yet listed as obsolete....but "out of stock" notation has been active for over 12 months...meaning none presently in dealer system.

OEM part # 93916Y.....suffixed to A during production run....has been bantered about as correct XB model replacement. This info is WRONG. Said part # refers to XL and pre-2003 Buell specific part.

Twin Motorcycles in the Netherlands highly reputable and reliable to deal with. I have been told they offer a complete reproduction part and is priced near 500 Euros plus shipping.

The XB front engine isolator mount not particularly prone to early service-life failure. NO factory recalls...TSB's....or DTC advisements ever issued for this part number. Idiotic riding style where the front end was repeatedly lofted skyward then allowing the front wheel to smash back down onto pavement would eventually destroy both the front mount as well as the intermediate tie-bar brace well before their intended service life expiration.

I keep several of these New In Box originals in stock here. Priced a tad higher than the last few that were available thru Harley Davidson. Hope this info helps.

xb front mount stock.jpg

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast