Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Xb12r isolator mount

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    You should pick it up in person so you can drink all his beer.
    Dont forget, make sure to drop random motorcycle small parts and fasteners randomly on the ground, so I have to figure out where they go. I'm already stressing over a 1/4 allen bolt I found on the ground and dont know where it goes.

Remember that time I dripped some coolant under your XB? You freaked out for a week! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Remember that time I dripped some coolant under your XB? You freaked out for a week! LOL.
    I never did find that coolant leak, you jerk!

I haven稚 forgotten about this I may have a prototype polyurethane bushing that has a bonded inner and outer steel sleeve that will press in to the bracket just like the original. I値l update as soon as I have an answer on delivery date and a idea of production cost. The manufacturer wants a minimum order of 50 to start. Who is interested?

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    I haven’t forgotten about this I may have a prototype polyurethane bushing that has a bonded inner and outer steel sleeve that will press in to the bracket just like the original. I’ll update as soon as I have an answer on delivery date and a idea of production cost. The manufacturer wants a minimum order of 50 to start. Who is interested?
    I think it's safe to say you'd have some interest, but 50 seems like a pretty big order for an untested part that MUST perform as well as stock, and is not the simplest to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by RidetheLightning View Post
    I think it's safe to say you'd have some interest, but 50 seems like a pretty big order for an untested part that MUST perform as well as stock, and is not the simplest to replace.
    and it will have to sell for less than the original mount. 50 does seem reasonable for an order though.

I don't know of any polyurethane that has that low a durometer with that high an elasticity like the OE rubber mount. But I don't know much about anything. YMMV.

The manufacturer says they can formulate whatever durometer poly is needed and I have a good used one and a factory new one I値l be able to deliver to them to test. 50 units is a minimum production run , the prototype may only be 2 to 5 to get elasticity and compression numbers. The 50 world be to get the cost per unit down. I知 hoping the cost will be half or less than a new old stock one and last at least as well as an OE part if not several times as long.

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    The manufacturer says they can formulate whatever durometer poly is needed and I have a good used one and a factory new one I値l be able to deliver to them to test. 50 units is a minimum production run , the prototype may only be 2 to 5 to get elasticity and compression numbers. The 50 world be to get the cost per unit down. I知 hoping the cost will be half or less than a new old stock one and last at least as well as an OE part if not several times as long.
    Interested... any progress?

Not sure, but theres still over 70 left to buy new OE from one vendor so it will be awhile before panic sets in.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast