Thread: Can LED bulbs damage front reflector?

Can LED bulbs damage front reflector?

Hello all,

I have changed my front light bulbs by H7 110w 26K lumen LED bulbs. It is great to have better night luminosity and much less, even no heat. BUT I am wondering if those high lumen LEDs might damage the reflector? I have been told that because of intensity the reflector might peel off and get black... Any feedback on this potential issue?

Thank you for your feedbacks

Greetings Lolo

The LED lights that I've seen have either heat sink or fan to keep the heat down, I just install one on a Suzuki, it has a fan.

Have LED's in both Buell's and the Suzuki DR650. One of the Buell's has had them for at least 25-30K Miles with no issues. The bulbs have mesh heat sinks which barely get warm.

Power consumption on all of the bulbs is less than 25 Watts. 110W seems a little high. If the bulbs are consuming that much power things could get pretty warm/hot.

Quote Originally Posted by mmcn49 View Post
    Have LED's in both Buell's and the Suzuki DR650. One of the Buell's has had them for at least 25-30K Miles with no issues. The bulbs have mesh heat sinks which barely get warm.

Power consumption on all of the bulbs is less than 25 Watts. 110W seems a little high. If the bulbs are consuming that much power things could get pretty warm/hot.
    How well do they work for you? Would you say better than halogen? I've never had LED head lamps so I've got no reference.

Same issues that HID had. The beam pattern from the bulb isn't meant for that halogen reflector, so it won't focus like a halogen.
    Maybe the bulb you get works well? Maybe it blows out and blinds oncoming traffic with a donut looking black hole where you need to see? I've been lucky before, and unlucky too.
    I currently run Sylvania LEDs in the XB and like them, just a heat sink and no fan. It was tough to make enough room to install them but got it to work. I'll see if theres a model number I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    How well do they work for you? Would you say better than halogen? I've never had LED head lamps so I've got no reference.
    Bought mine from ADVmonster and they work great. Absolutely no issues like Cooter mentioned. A little tricky to install. They have big wire mesh heat sinks.