Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revision moto

Revision moto

All it needs is a sheepskin seat cover and a clunky throttle lock for the look to be complete.

stella.jpg

Hee hee. I prefer taxi beads But that tall STT seat I just recovered is more comfy than my COUCH! No kidding.

One of my favorite shots actually, it's a desolate part of the old Route 66 through the California desert and if you look in the background, the moon is rising over the mountains

Riding into the night, no one in sight for hours, I left that spot over some RxR tracks and was just getting up to speed when the bike quit Just friggin' died without warning. Crap! Damn you Buell!

Coast to the side, mind racing to what it could be...

Oh, I swiped the kill switch with my thumb Nevermind. Nothing to see here. On to Laughlin NV
    Last edited by Cooter; 09-21-2020 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Hee hee. I prefer taxi beads But that tall STT seat I just recovered is more comfy than my COUCH! No kidding.

One of my favorite shots actually, it's a desolate part of the old Route 66 through the California desert and if you look in the background, the moon is rising over the mountains

Riding into the night, no one in sight for hours, I left that spot over some RxR tracks and was just getting up to speed when the bike quit Just friggin' died without warning. Crap! Damn you Buell!

Coast to the side, mind racing to what it could be...

Oh, I swiped the kill switch with my thumb Nevermind. Nothing to see here. On to Laughlin NV

What mirrors are those? At first I though they were the $20 ebay cheapies, but looking more closelier, they seem diff'rent.

How DARE you assume sir...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-7-8-H...oAAOSwfjRZ6agf

OK, OK, you're right They do tick mostly all the boxes for me:
    Gotta be cheap (because I am...) and because both mirrors and levers, are disposable.
    Be convex (mandatory)
    Be metal.
    Have to fold completely out of the way for splitting lanes or catching a corner of something.
    These do not have handy detents so it takes an eye check and a little nudge to set them right again, but the china ones with detents tend to flop around at first and then corrode solid anyway.
    And these happen to be a happy medium width between the ones that bolt right on the bar (with that knuckle thing and 10 allens to tighten just right) or the aluminum one that sticks WAY out and doesn't even fold(!!).
    These have lasted quite awhile with no corrosion under the glass and even the anodise is still pretty black! So far.
    Now ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    What mirrors are those? At first I though they were the $20 ebay cheapies, but looking more closelier, they seem diff'rent.
    Your bike looks really good man. I like that color scheme. Also, the tank bag - I must know more.

Poor Stella, dearly departed and will always be missed, unlike her owner ! Oh, that's right I almost forgot, he still hangs around here sometimes.
    Last edited by njloco; 05-17-2021 at 01:47 AM.

Thanks for the compliment Moto-Centric universal bags that weren't even expensive but have lasted without issue for many miles! The tank bag has a 3L water bladder and camelback style hose. A literal lifesaver. As well as converting to a backpack and plenty of space and little pockets.

LOL NJ! Stella and I had good times, but we both new I was trading up to a younger, fresher girl eventually. This new one is so NICE and decked out with all my personal touches that makes it fit like a glove Planning a summer trip right now!

What babe did you dump poor Stella for, inquiring minds want to know ?

Got a low mile '09 Ss from a board member that is VERY nice and VERY stock. Well, was very stock, lol. Lots of local miles so far but want to go see Mumzy again soon so a trip up the west coast is coming soon! I think Bubbles will take her Z900 this time, that little Ninja 400 almost killed her!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    This new one is so NICE and decked out with all my personal touches that makes it fit like a glove
    AKA sheepskin seat cover, throttle lock, ebay mirrors and turn signals, and lots of chrome allen head covers with skulls and HD logos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast