Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Considering a Blast for my wife -- any thoughts on this listing?

Hybrid View

Considering a Blast for my wife -- any thoughts on this listing?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy...184802491.html

He refers to "fuel/air issues" -- what could this be?

Any other thoughts on how much I should offer? Bike is located in the San Francisco Bay Area.

He said the carb was rejetted maybe it was put together wrong?
    Go look at it in person then you'll know what your comfortable with. He is only asking 1400 for

post was deleted... was asking 1400. i'll repost if it gets listed again.

Quote Originally Posted by AC_Schnitzel View Post
    post was deleted... was asking 1400. i'll repost if it gets listed again.

$1400 is a lot of money for a motorcycle that Erik Buell thought belonged in the crusher. If you watch the video, he giggles a little bit as he scoops it up and drops it in.

Last edited by 34nineteen; 08-26-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    $1400 is a lot of money for a motorcycle that Erik Buell thought belonged in the crusher. If you watch the video, he giggles a little bit as he scoops it up and drops it in.
    Erik didn't dislike the Blast, he actually said he enjoyed it for what it was, in other interviews and videos. He hated that it became the symbol of Buell, instead of the sportbikes like he had intended.

I have spoken to him about Blasts specifically, this is first-hand knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by jetlee View Post
    Erik didn't dislike the Blast, he actually said he enjoyed it for what it was, in other interviews and videos. He hated that it became the symbol of Buell, instead of the sportbikes like he had intended.

I have spoken to him about Blasts specifically, this is first-hand knowledge.

Actually, there is another video where he goes more in depth about his feelings on the Blast and yes, what you said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is true. However, this video will live in infamy, along with the picture of all the XB's in the dumpster. Do you know the history on that one? Seems like they were mostly Ulysses?
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 08-27-2020 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Actually, there is another video where he goes more in depth about his feelings on the Blast and yes, what you said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is true. However, this video will live in infamy, along with the picture of all the XB's in the dumpster. Do you know the history on that one? Seems like they were mostly Ulysses?
    The story of the dumpster is relatively common knowledge, factory test bikes and in-process builds were dumped rather than spend time (time=money) on finishing them. Fire sale the finished inventory, trash the rest, wipe hands and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by jetlee View Post
    He hated that it became the symbol of Buell, instead of the sportbikes like he had intended.
    My first experience with Buell was a Blast. I was enamored with 4cyl sportbikes back then (late 20's early 30's), so Harleys and Buells weren't even on my radar. And yes, my first impression from that was that Buells were sucky little 1 cylinder bikes. My appreciation for Buell didnt start until about 10 years ago when I got to actually see an XB with a Race muffler. Oh mama!

I've considered building a Blast, but man, I'd probably own that thing forever whether I wanted to or not.

Unfortunately, my garage is only so big, and that level guy is pushing my buttons to buy his Ss. He knows my weakness and is exploiting it.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 08-27-2020 at 11:26 PM.

I never liked them. Until one showed up in my garage I look like a monkey humping a football, but my smile is un-stoppable. With some custom tweaks and XB suspension they can even start to look good!

I cant really think of a better starter bike that isn't a scooter. Cheap to buy, cheap to fix, simple, light, dependable...

Suzuki LS650

At least you can sell it when it’s time to part ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast