Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considering a Blast for my wife -- any thoughts on this listing?

Quote Originally Posted by jetlee View Post
    Erik didn't dislike the Blast, he actually said he enjoyed it for what it was, in other interviews and videos. He hated that it became the symbol of Buell, instead of the sportbikes like he had intended.

I have spoken to him about Blasts specifically, this is first-hand knowledge.

Actually, there is another video where he goes more in depth about his feelings on the Blast and yes, what you said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is true. However, this video will live in infamy, along with the picture of all the XB's in the dumpster. Do you know the history on that one? Seems like they were mostly Ulysses?
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 08-27-2020 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetlee View Post
    He hated that it became the symbol of Buell, instead of the sportbikes like he had intended.
    My first experience with Buell was a Blast. I was enamored with 4cyl sportbikes back then (late 20's early 30's), so Harleys and Buells weren't even on my radar. And yes, my first impression from that was that Buells were sucky little 1 cylinder bikes. My appreciation for Buell didnt start until about 10 years ago when I got to actually see an XB with a Race muffler. Oh mama!

I've considered building a Blast, but man, I'd probably own that thing forever whether I wanted to or not.

Unfortunately, my garage is only so big, and that level guy is pushing my buttons to buy his Ss. He knows my weakness and is exploiting it.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 08-27-2020 at 11:26 PM.

He should, thats a nice Ss

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Actually, there is another video where he goes more in depth about his feelings on the Blast and yes, what you said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is true. However, this video will live in infamy, along with the picture of all the XB's in the dumpster. Do you know the history on that one? Seems like they were mostly Ulysses?
    The story of the dumpster is relatively common knowledge, factory test bikes and in-process builds were dumped rather than spend time (time=money) on finishing them. Fire sale the finished inventory, trash the rest, wipe hands and walk away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12