Thread: Buell Saddlebag aluminum support.

Buell Saddlebag aluminum support.

So I got my hands on a set of Buell Saddlebags, but they didn't come with the aluminum support bracket that hods them horizontally when loaded. I have a guy who can fabricate one from aluminum, but I'd like a diagram of one as a guide. Anyone have a diagram of one??

Are you talking about the soft saddlebags (91458-05Y or 91555-06Y)? I dont think those use an aluminum support plate. There are just 3 straps, 2 to hold it up and one to keep from swaying.

The only bracket I saw was for relocating the reflectors.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 09-03-2020 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Are you talking about the soft saddlebags (91458-05Y or 91555-06Y)? I dont think those use an aluminum support plate. There are just 3 straps, 2 to hold it up and one to keep from swaying.

The only bracket I saw was for relocating the reflectors.
    Interesting, thanks so much. The guy who advertised them when he was selling them had one image that had the two bags with the three straps (as you eluded to above) and it had a bracket shown that mounts to the bottom of the mechanical area under the seat, and it was U shaped (when viewed from the rear) and kind of triangular (if viewed from the side, I think) and aluminum and it seemed to keep the bag's lower sides from moving back and forth when loaded and the bike in motion. This seem correct? I cannot now find the image and the seller stated the bracket was sold with the bike years before.

Sir: do you mean this bracket....which i circled in yellow? it was included with specific optional factory bag kit. i can't find a factory part # ever issued for it but will keep looking. probably no # ever issued as it was part of model specific bag kit.

bag bracket.jpg

I don’t remember seeing that bag kit. Even my bags just attached to the subframe rails and passenger peg mounts.

I wonder if that’s the pic of the XBR/1125 bags?

I looked in the instructions and neither mention that brace. Weird

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Sir: do you mean this bracket....which i circled in yellow? it was included with specific optional factory bag kit. i can't find a factory part # ever issued for it but will keep looking. probably no # ever issued as it was part of model specific bag kit.

bag bracket.jpg
    Nice pic... Although the one I saw was drawn in axonometric, that looks like what I'm talking about. Is there any way to get a picture of it by itself with a few measurements?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I don’t remember seeing that bag kit. Even my bags just attached to the subframe rails and passenger peg mounts.

I wonder if that’s the pic of the XBR/1125 bags?

I looked in the instructions and neither mention that brace. Weird
    It is very hard to find as I cannot locate the drawings of the components either. Weird, huh?