Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel tank breather 1125r

Hybrid View

Fuel tank breather 1125r

Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone has successfully stopped their fuel tank breather dripping fuel out & if so how?
    I've tried secondary filter breathers to atmosphere which eventually soak & drip.
    I'm now making a small charcoal drip tank that I can empty when necessary, it also vents to atmosphere & I may fit a filter breather on the end as well. Just finished it so no results as yet but hoping it will work.
    Anyone else done anything different that has worked or is a work in progress?
    Thanks folks.

Quote Originally Posted by paul.berry View Post
    Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone has successfully stopped their fuel tank breather dripping fuel out & if so how?
    I've tried secondary filter breathers to atmosphere which eventually soak & drip.
    I'm now making a small charcoal drip tank that I can empty when necessary, it also vents to atmosphere & I may fit a filter breather on the end as well. Just finished it so no results as yet but hoping it will work.
    Anyone else done anything different that has worked or is a work in progress?
    Thanks folks.
    So, you're making a breather to fit a tank that is receiving fuel from another breather from another tank?

He's making a reservoir for fuel vapor, silly.

IMO, I'd let it drip. Or put it on a rear stand. That stock vent is only open when the bike is on the side stand.

If you can't deal with that, use the charcoal can set-up you already have... and put a hose from it to a 'ported' vacuum source at the TB. It will empty the fuel vapors from your charcoal can for you. No more draining.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    He's making a reservoir for fuel vapor, silly.

IMO, I'd let it drip. Or put it on a rear stand. That stock vent is only open when the bike is on the side stand.

If you can't deal with that, use the charcoal can set-up you already have... and put a hose from it to a 'ported' vacuum source at the TB. It will empty the fuel vapors from your charcoal can for you. No more draining.
    Sorry but it doesn't make sense that the vent is only open on the side stand, how does the tank vent when the bikes running if that's the case?
    I can deal with drips, just not under the rear wheel when I'm trail braking & hard left cornering, which is the reason for the vapour trap & for my doubt about the vent only being open on the side stand.
    I don't fit stuff on my 1125r for the sake of it, the charcoal trap is a tiny 3" by 1" alloy container that fits under the seat, one pipe in & one out. It certainly isn't bling & weighs in at 10 grams with charcoal.
    Thanks for the reply Cooter.

Hi Cooter,
    Yeah I know the theoretical answers,they weren't what I requested..
    To be honest I asked if anyone had done this or tried it on an 1125r. You obviously haven't or you wouldn't be quoting theories at me. Also the fact that you said the vent only works on the side stand tells me you don't really know FA about what I asked other than theory. Anyone can read theories, doing the job is different & theories are just that, theories.
    But thanks anyway.
    I have had that breather apart and in my hand. Have you?

And it isn't any "theory" that engine vacuum will pull gas vapors out of your charcoal can. It is exactly how they function in any factory emissions system. Including California Buells, including every EBR.

NOT just sticking a hose in the airbox, you muffin... thats called a vapor BOMB

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    put a hose from it to a 'ported' vacuum source at the TB.
    and it is how you solve your worry that one drip from a vent tube will send you off in the dirt while "theoretically" dragging your elbow, inside passing that annoying Marquez.

Wow. Helping people who ask for help is getting more difficult these days.
    Last edited by Cooter; 09-17-2020 at 06:02 PM.

I had mine out yesterday whilst I was fitting the cannister just to make sure you were wrong. You were, it's a rolling ball vent takes air in and out. There isn't a vent in the patrol cap at all either.
    Just as a matter of interest the canister works a treat vented into the air box, I went for a fifty mile run today & nothing, not a drop in the air box & it was venting really well.
    As far as fumes building up, I have more air going into my air cover than comes out of your mouth, so no chance of blowing the air box off.
    I didn't ask for help with venting I already had the stuff made ready to go and a plan where to fit it, I just asked if anyone had done it so's I could maybe compare notes.
    It was you who took it off topic talking bollox about "ported" venting and other crap trying to show superior knowledge or something?
    I prefer to just get **** done as practically & as uncomplicated as I can.
    Listen don't dig yourself a hole here, I know what the F I'm talking about & do it daily so don't get smart. Like someone said "do you own an 1125r" cause if not, Just FO out of my face.

I had mine out yesterday whilst I was fitting the cannister just to make sure you were wrong. You were, it's a rolling ball vent takes air in and out. There isn't a vent in the patrol cap at all either.
    Just as a matter of interest the canister works a treat vented into the air box, I went for a fifty mile run today & nothing, not a drop in the air box & it was venting really well.
    As far as fumes building up, I have more air going into my air cover than comes out of your mouth, so no chance of blowing the air box off.
    I didn't ask for help with venting I already had the stuff made ready to go and a plan where to fit it, I just asked if anyone had done it so's I could maybe compare notes.
    It was you who took it off topic talking bollox about "ported" venting and other crap trying to show superior knowledge or something?
    I prefer to just get **** done as practically & as uncomplicated as I can.
    Listen don't dig yourself a hole here, I know what the F I'm talking about & do it daily so don't get smart. Like someone said "do you own an 1125r" cause if not, Just FO out of my face.
    Sounds like you know it all and have it all figured out. So awesome!

Dammit Cooter, you and your damn theories. He has more air going into his air cover than what comes out of your mouth. If that doesnt prove how useless you are, I dont know what will! He even took his bike apart to prove you were WRONG. Do you even own an 1125?
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 09-17-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Sounds like you know it all and have it all figured out. So awesome!

Dammit Cooter, you and your damn theories. He has more air going into his air cover than what comes out of your mouth. If that doesnt prove how useless you are, I dont know what will! He even took his bike apart to prove you were WRONG. Do you even own an 1125?
    Yeah keep sucking each other's dicks. I'm outa here.

I would add one more catch tank and breather for good measure.

Like Christmas lights, just hang them all around the bike!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast