Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front brake shudder/pulsing - DC area

Adding this post to get my 3 in so I can edit my own profile. Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but here goes.

I have a 2008 Uly XB12XT. Like it so far. I'm finding good stuff on this forum so far. Cooter seems to the the Master Yoda...but I'm new so no offense to anyone.

#3 of 3...I'm having the front brake shudder problem as well as some concerns with my starter. I'll be diving into these 2 areas more later. Thank you all for being here. I look forward to learning from you all and hopefully returning the favor later.

Quote Originally Posted by dpruitt View Post
    I have a 2008 Uly XB12XT. Like it so far. I'm finding good stuff on this forum so far. Cooter seems to the the Master Yoda...but I'm new so no offense to anyone.
    If Cooter is Yoda, then Barrett is the Emperor.

Untitled.jpg

When other options fail, Galfer Wave Rotor solves all, (but its spendy).

Thank you for the compliment, but I'm just full of opinions

#3 of 3...I'm having the front brake shudder problem
    The stock rotor is designed to float on its mountings from the factory. If that setup is gummed up with brake dust/road grit/etc, the rotor can stick on one or more of the mounting points causing the shudder.

Take the rotor and caliper mounting hardware off and clean the components and mounting surfaces. Examine the "bushing" pieces for wear and either clean up any grooves or rough edges with a file or replace if too bad. I usually stretch the springs a little bit to help restore some tension. A lot of times when one or more of the floating points is stuck, it will flex the rotor out of true. Often, the rotor does spring back if it hasnt been too badly abused.

If this does not solve the problem, then look into a new rotor (and pads) or replace the stock rotor mounting hardware with the solid mount kit from EBR.

Be sure to bed in the new brake pads to the rotor to restore full braking power.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12