Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 06'x-09'xt Fork Rebuild

I can't thank you enough for that great lead. It seems almost too good to be true. Their website allowed me to place order of the pushrods and complete cap assemblies. I hope they can find them and fulfill my order. I'm feeling that young child anticipation before Christmas Morning! I will be sure to post back w/ the outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post

Glad to help
    Twin is a great shop and resource I like to support, but since they are in the Netherlands, I usually use their parts fiche to research the part# I need then Google that number stateside to see who has it (SPHD, Newcastle, etc).
    How you get yours back together soon without using vice grips!

It looks like the guy may have possibly used a frieking pipe wrench!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Glad to help
    Twin is a great shop and resource I like to support, but since they are in the Netherlands, I usually use their parts fiche to research the part# I need then Google that number stateside to see who has it (SPHD, Newcastle, etc).
    How you get yours back together soon without using vice grips!

Twin will use DHL for smaller lighter parts and the shipping is relatively quick. They do have some parts that you can not find elsewhere, as they are working on reproducing discontinued Buell items such as the front isolator or the front rotor mounting bolts on XB's. Twin is also an excellent resource as they actually wrench on Buells as a business. I've dealt with Martin several times and he is pretty awesome!

Most all the rest of the suppliers rely on HD's inventory and when thats depleted, its done. St. Paul seems to have bought a bunch of discontinued parts at some point, but I think that was back during the Lance days.
    I have a feeling the guys at the rest of the suppliers don't wrench on Buells, unless they happen to have one at home.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 09-23-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Thank you for that info. You guys have been a huge help in getting me where I need to be; out of the garage and on the road!
    Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Twin will use DHL for smaller lighter parts and the shipping is relatively quick. They do have some parts that you can not find elsewhere, as they are working on reproducing discontinued Buell items such as the front isolator or the front rotor mounting bolts on XB's. Twin is also an excellent resource as they actually wrench on Buells as a business. I've dealt with Martin several times and he is pretty awesome!

Most all the rest of the suppliers rely on HD's inventory and when thats depleted, its done. St. Paul seems to have bought a bunch of discontinued parts at some point, but I think that was back during the Lance days.
    I have a feeling the guys at the rest of the suppliers don't wrench on Buells, unless they happen to have one at home.

Attachment 14672Attachment 14671 After a few missteps(received caps for 47mm forks instead of 43mm) and learning curve for me; I finally got it all put back together and running. I'm pretty sure Cooter was right, in that the fork caps were an 1125 part#. When I contacted Twin about me inadvertently ordering the wrong caps, they informed me that I could only get the 43mm cap in the black anodized w/red anodized preload adjuster nut. Of course I said "Well, hell yes". I could care less about the color, was quite happy that I could receive the exact same new caps I needed, but in black and red! Now, after all adjustments are made, the bike is still taller than I want. I have a Hyperpro lowering spring in the rear, and a set of XB12XT forks in the front with the stock progressive spring that is suppose to be 1" lower than my stock XB12X, and HyperPro SAE15. So now, I guess I'll need to install my progressive aftermarket springs for the forks, and cut down the 40mm spacer to lower. But what is the best way to go lower in the rear? I've already supposedly dropped it an inch w/ the HyperPro lowering spring. Attached are some pic.'s(maybe).

Last edited by TheWood; 11-12-2020 at 05:14 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12