Thread: Buell OEM muffler install

Buell OEM muffler install

So I got an OEM muffler and all the brackets, bolts and bushings except for the rear clamps. I can't find the right size locally so I'll order some clamps tonight. I've also looked at that diagram in the service manual a few times.

If anybody has pictures of the OEM exhaust mounted and would share them, that's be great. I want to make sure I get this on right.

Thanks

Sir: see attachment. a few notes of interest as follows:
    1-the front bracket attachment bolt can ONLY go in from the left. it engages the captive nut on right side of clamp.
    2-diagram items #18 are the front bracket attachment bushings. they must be in good shape and must be installed. they only install one way. if left out the front header will crack in short order.
    3-the front of the muffler is attached to the front bracket with ONE CLAMP. the threaded post of that clamp MUST point to the left of the bike.
    4-the rear of the muffler is attached to the rear bracket with TWO CLAMPS. the threaded post of each clamp MUST point to the right of the bike.

left being shifter/primary cover side of bike.....right being brake pedal/brake lever side of bike.

MUFFLER IN SCHEMATIC IS 12 SERIES MUFFLER AS DEPICTED BY POWER VALVE. THE 9 SERIES MUFFLER INSTALLS PRECISELY THE SAME WITH IDENTICAL PARTS AND HARDWARE

xb.jpg
    Last edited by Barrett; 09-21-2020 at 10:19 PM.

You'll get more power if you just leave the muffler off. It's called the "Hell-Fire mod" created by Lunatic Heavy Industries.

Do you live in Pennsylvania? It completely legal there as long as you're in Amish country but is illegal in 42 states and against every HOA bylaw and common decency rule on the books. I highly recommend it.

Fabio-driven imports makes a cheaper copy of the original chrome tip you can find them on Alibaba. PM Barrett and ask him all about it.