Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stator replacement

Ok, thanks for the info...

Quote Originally Posted by Pushr0d View Post
    Chuckski, I ordered my stator from Newcastle HD - not sure of their stock at present, but I seem to remember they had it to me quickly. P/N 29971-02YA.

Sir: that part # corresponds to a 2003-2007 inclusive XB stator. his application is 2008 XB. completely different stators and the 02YA is incorrect. only mentioning this to avoid confusion for other board members.

Barrett - You are correct!

My old age striking again!

It appears the proper part number for the '08 - '10 XB's is 29971-08, which seems to have been superseded by 29900066.

Update: Ok, I got it all back together. I ended up ordering a stator for a 2008 HD Sportster from DennisKirk.com. It fit fine. One of the wires coming directly from the stator is a bit short. It is just a little tight, that is all, but we will see how it stands the test of time. The connector wire is long enough to loop and connect. I choose to do that as apposed to cutting the wire for now anyway. I took it for a good ride (75 miles) yesterday in the mountains and it preformed great. I also replaced the battery with a 240cca, changed the spark plugs and wires, replaced the throttle cables, and replaced the brake pads and flushed the brake fluid. Of course I got her all shiny too! It was much more responsive. I am pleased as punch!

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12