Thread: Batteries in the UK

Batteries in the UK

Hi All,

I need to get a new battery from XB9SX. It has a smaller battery at the moment and it was struggling to turn the bike over.

Its has died now so want to get a replacement one with the most amount of amps for easier starting.

The one it had was a Lithium-Ionen HJTX14H-FP-SI

Whats the best one to get in the UK and from where please?

Thanks

Cad

Cad: Deka ETX-14 your best choice. finest AGM battery and priced right. 220 CCA's and incredible quality. one simple look at the terminals confirms that quality. manufactured here in northeast Pennsylvania. Deka also uses the following house-brand names on some of their motorcycle batteries: D-Series, Dominator, ETX Sports Power, Fahrenheit, Deka Gold, Intimidator, MaxPower, Outdoorsman, Precision Built, Pro Master, Solar, Ultimate, UltraBattery, and Unigy.
    the ETX-14 available here in America for around $80 on multiple websites.
    try Ebay.UK or Amazon.UK
    do NOT purchase the L model as the terminals are reversed.
    they are shipped sealed and fully charged. give it a top-off charge prior to starting the bike. 6 amps for 5 minutes does the job.

and avoid all temptation to purchase low-priced chinese batteries. they are garbage with false CCA ratings.

100% true ^^^^

Thanks for the info.

Can't seem to find this make here in the UK though. Prices seem good in the US, but postage is a pain to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by CadmannUK View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Can't seem to find this make here in the UK though. Prices seem good in the US, but postage is a pain to the UK.
    You can find it here :
    https://www.nedplex.com/fr/etx14-deka.html

It comes from netherland if I recall correctly. I bought mine there and it is a trusty seller.

BTW, the seller did a CCA test on mine and it actually is 379CCA. Much better than what is it sold for.