Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Revision Moto XB-SG Slip-On Exhausts

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    I'm still running mine and it's fine. I'm curious what they're saying regarding the tuning. I am not on FB, so I can't join any groups.
    I actually got rid of my FB account 2 years ago and couldn't be happier, but I did make a burner account for marketplace etc. They were just small little comments that made it known they did not like them ya know. Obviously everyone is going to have a different experiences with everything so who knows. I just stumbled on the group while researching AFV values. So the exhaust is good and the tune worked out?

Quote Originally Posted by KickerDRB View Post
    Great pipe, sounds good. I fought the tune and baro sensor for a summer. Took it off and got the IDS jardine tune from Tim. Bike runs great.
    The guy I'm currently talking to suggested the baro sensor. But ive also read on here(cooter) that you don't really need the sensor because the bike does it already. So if I get the exhaust obviously try the tune from rev mo first. See how it runs and see how it goes. But a jardine tune from IDS will work? Did you use the Buelltooth dongle or did you use a computer/cord with ECMspy. I have a computer/cord with ECMspy and was told that will work. And should I get baro sensor? Just doing research, I know everyone's bike runs differently with different locations.

Well, I kid you not, right after I posted my comment to you that the rev-mo pipe was great, I went for a ride.

The pipe freaking broke off. It went under the bike, sent me into an endo just as I was entering a turn at 55mph. I made it home safe, to make this story short.

Rev-Mo provides no warranty on the pipe. They said I could send it back and they'd weld a tab onto it to make it stronger. I am really trying not to disrespect the company, but I'm pretty (understandably) upset about it.

I'm sure there are others who can attest to the quality of this pipe, and I was among them until yesterday.

P.S. I'm sure someone's tempted to make some moronic comment about what I'm saying, but trust me, if you're tempted, push the keyboard away from you and ignore me.

^^^^^^^
    Sir: You're a stalwart on here and a quality board contributor who's opinion and experiences should be both valued and trusted. I know virtually nothing regarding ECM tuning or available aftermarket XB mufflers....but I never quite figured out why the Hawk isn't more popular. Reasonably light weight...emits a nice sound...easy to install....uses all stock mounting hardware...retains mounting fixtures for stock muffler cowling....inexpensive.

Well, I kid you not, right after I posted my comment to you that the rev-mo pipe was great, I went for a ride.

The pipe freaking broke off. It went under the bike, sent me into an endo just as I was entering a turn at 55mph. I made it home safe, to make this story short.

Rev-Mo provides no warranty on the pipe. They said I could send it back and they'd weld a tab onto it to make it stronger. I am really trying not to disrespect the company, but I'm pretty (understandably) upset about it.

I'm sure there are others who can attest to the quality of this pipe, and I was among them until yesterday.

P.S. I'm sure someone's tempted to make some moronic comment about what I'm saying, but trust me, if you're tempted, push the keyboard away from you and ignore me.

Geez us man, glad you are ok. Well ****. I mean obviously that can happen to anyone who buys the exhaust. But it should ABSOLUTLY not happen. I wonder as a fail safe another exhaust strap can be used to prevent that from happening. Honestly they should be replacing that exhaust as a "hey sorry our product almost killed you" let us replace that and take care of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    but I never quite figured out why the Hawk isn't more popular. Reasonably light weight...emits a nice sound...easy to install....uses all stock mounting hardware...retains mounting fixtures for stock muffler cowling....inexpensive.
    Looks like Hawk is no longer taking orders per website. Not sure if you were aware or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    Sir: You're a stalwart on here and a quality board contributor who's opinion and experiences should be both valued and trusted. I know virtually nothing regarding ECM tuning or available aftermarket XB mufflers....but I never quite figured out why the Hawk isn't more popular. Reasonably light weight...emits a nice sound...easy to install....uses all stock mounting hardware...retains mounting fixtures for stock muffler cowling....inexpensive.
    I shopped around for a while to find one that I could afford and that would "sound" and perform the way I was hoping. There were a few to choose from, but given that I'm a father of a full litter of kids, I have to be picky about the amount of money I spend. I remember seeing videos of the Hawk muffler, but couldn't find them online.

Barrett, thanks for the compliment. Means a lot.

The pipe freaking broke off. It went under the bike, sent me into an endo just as I was entering a turn at 55mph. I made it home safe
    You "endo"-ed the bike at 55mph, yet made it home safe? Either you forgot to mention the part where you landed in ditch full of pillows, or you just won the tough guy of the year award. CoOter will be over with a congratulatory beer later.

P.S. I'm sure someone's tempted to make some moronic comment about what I'm saying
    I live for this stuff!

your pal,

34 moronic comment nineteen
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 10-15-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CC83 View Post
    Geez us man, glad you are ok. Well ****. I mean obviously that can happen to anyone who buys the exhaust. But it should ABSOLUTLY not happen. I wonder as a fail safe another exhaust strap can be used to prevent that from happening. Honestly they should be replacing that exhaust as a "hey sorry our product almost killed you" let us replace that and take care of you.
    You know, this thing made from TX to the Dragon and back. I've had it for nearly a year and it's been great, until yesterday afternoon. It sheared off at the rear mount and that was all she wrote.

See my photos.21-10-14 18-21-23 1321.jpg21-10-14 18-21-26 1322.jpg21-10-14 18-21-31 1323.jpg21-10-14 18-22-05 1328.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CC83 View Post
    I wonder as a fail safe another exhaust strap can be used to prevent that from happening.
    On some of the early Buell race exhausts for the tube frame models, there was such a recall in place to prevent that from happening.

http://www.ukbeg.com/downloads/files...aceMuffler.pdf

Last edited by 34nineteen; 10-15-2021 at 03:54 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast