Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Revision Moto XB-SG Slip-On Exhausts

I guess I can chime in since my experience seems to be getting brought up a lot.

I've fixed the same Rev-Mo exhaust myself. I didn't like the gusset that Rev-Mo went with and offered to perform for me. Instead, I got some thicker stainless, put a radius bend in it, cut it to shape, etc (not in that order). Put the ugliest, fattest weld on it. Reformed the front mount, with the same thicker stainless, then hideously welded it to the front pipe.

It's now part of my pre-ride checks and so far, no problems nor cracks forming.

I like the sound of the pipe and it's been fine since welding it up the way I did.

I'm sure that there's no issue with their gusset but given the fact that that tab in the back is, in fact, two very thin sheets of stainless "laminated by weld", I'd check it often. Just sayin'.

I firmly believe this is why The Buell Boffins TBB(TM) decided on hose clamps to solve the thin metal bolted to a paint shaker problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    I guess I can chime in since my experience seems to be getting brought up a lot.

I've fixed the same Rev-Mo exhaust myself. I didn't like the gusset that Rev-Mo went with and offered to perform for me. Instead, I got some thicker stainless, put a radius bend in it, cut it to shape, etc (not in that order). Put the ugliest, fattest weld on it. Reformed the front mount, with the same thicker stainless, then hideously welded it to the front pipe.

It's now part of my pre-ride checks and so far, no problems nor cracks forming.

I like the sound of the pipe and it's been fine since welding it up the way I did.

I'm sure that there's no issue with their gusset but given the fact that that tab in the back is, in fact, two very thin sheets of stainless "laminated by weld", I'd check it often. Just sayin'.
    How is the sound? I know it is hard to compare. Not sure what you had previous but Im trying to tone it down alittle bit from my jardine. I have the QWI in as well. Helps keep the decel pop not as noticeable. And there may not be a pipe that is "queiter" than what I have. Like I said before Im gonna try and find a race pipe and be done with it. But those are hard to find. Do you have any clips on your youtube channel of the bike with the pipe on?

You want a Drummer.

Quote Originally Posted by CC83 View Post
    How is the sound? I know it is hard to compare. Not sure what you had previous but Im trying to tone it down alittle bit from my jardine. I have the QWI in as well. Helps keep the decel pop not as noticeable. And there may not be a pipe that is "queiter" than what I have. Like I said before Im gonna try and find a race pipe and be done with it. But those are hard to find. Do you have any clips on your youtube channel of the bike with the pipe on?
    It's not quiet, at all. It's got a tight sound profile, and it's hard to describe. Even videos don't provide a good idea of what it's like. I really like the decel pop and there's a lot of it, so my opinion may not help you there.

I do have ONE video post fix that you can view here: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/C03utZaQgOM

I don't know what the other pipes sound like, so I'm sorry I can't help there. I'll defer to the veterans on the forum for that info. I see that Cooter chimed in with a reference to Drummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I firmly believe this is why The Buell Boffins TBB(TM) decided on hose clamps to solve the thin metal bolted to a paint shaker problem.
    I think you're right. It's crazy how much thread locker is on all these bolts, screws, and nuts from the factory. Literally, it may be all of them!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456