Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Revision Moto XB-SG Slip-On Exhausts

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    You "endo"-ed the bike at 55mph, yet made it home safe?
    Yes. Praise God. That is not a joke. Praise God.

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    I shopped around for a while to find one that I could afford and that would "sound" and perform the way I was hoping. There were a few to choose from, but given that I'm a father of a full litter of kids, I have to be picky about the amount of money I spend. I remember seeing videos of the Hawk muffler, but couldn't find them online.

Barrett, thanks for the compliment. Means a lot.
    And thats exactly what Im doing, shopping around trying not to break the bank. With 2 little ones at home obviously getting the best bang for buck and not dying at the same time is the goal.

I made it home safe, to make this story short...Rev-Mo provides no warranty on the pipe.
    Wow that totally sucks! Even when Jardines blow up, they don't blow up that bad Glad you are OK man, and made it home safe. I'm sure that got your heart pumping. I wonder why it did that? Did you collect it? Any pics? Enquiring minds want to know. I had their SuperTrapp version on Stella for many many miles on and off road with no complaints besides the baffle screws would walk out. After RED Loctite didn't even work, I had to safety wire them. Buells are Hell on fasteners, maybe something like that happened?

I can't imagine how any company could 'warranty' a self-installed part like that. I'm not saying yours was installed wrong! I'd guess fatigue in the stainless or something? Theres just too many possibilities to cover, from their point of view. I would think they'd have liability insurance, but with no damage or injuries theres nothing to pay back? I hope it works out for you either way. I have a stock muffler here, if you decide to go that route lemme know and I'll hook you up

I'm with Barrett on the Hawk (and the Drummer). I've been making copies of those for myself and love the deeper tone they give.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Wow that totally sucks! Even when Jardines blow up, they don't blow up that bad Glad you are OK man, and made it home safe. I'm sure that got your heart pumping. I wonder why it did that? Did you collect it? Any pics? Enquiring minds want to know. I had their SuperTrapp version on Stella for many many miles on and off road with no complaints besides the baffle screws would walk out. After RED Loctite didn't even work, I had to safety wire them. Buells are Hell on fasteners, maybe something like that happened?

I can't imagine how any company could 'warranty' a self-installed part like that. I'm not saying yours was installed wrong! I'd guess fatigue in the stainless or something? Theres just too many possibilities to cover, from their point of view. I would think they'd have liability insurance, but with no damage or injuries theres nothing to pay back? I hope it works out for you either way. I have a stock muffler here, if you decide to go that route lemme know and I'll hook you up

I'm with Barrett on the Hawk (and the Drummer). I've been making copies of those for myself and love the deeper tone they give.

21-10-14 18-22-05 1328.jpg21-10-14 18-21-31 1323.jpg21-10-14 18-21-26 1322.jpg21-10-14 18-21-23 1321.jpg

Yes. Praise God. That is not a joke. Praise God.
    Wow! I am glad you were able to walk away from that in good spirits. Is the bike dead?

I was typing and didn't see the pics posted yet, ya that's fatigue in that mount for sure. LAME What made it "fall off" though? Wouldn't the pipe have had to break off as well, or did it slip out of a loose clamp?

Not dying is always a good result, I'll give you a beer just for that!

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Wow! I am glad you were able to walk away from that in good spirits. Is the bike dead?
    No the bike is fine. There's a small (superficial) scar in the tread of the tire from the bracket but the tire's fine, otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I was typing and didn't see the pics posted yet, ya that's fatigue in that mount for sure. LAME What made it "fall off" though? Wouldn't the pipe have had to break off as well, or did it slip out of a loose clamp?

Not dying is always a good result, I'll give you a beer just for that!
    That's what I'm not sure about. I literally just looked over that area while washing my bike 2 days ago. I didn't notice anything. There was no droop, nothing. So, my "theory" is that it broke, either during my ride yesterday, or before (and I just didn't see it), then wiggled itself free. All I know is that this happened and I'm grateful I wasn't hurt or killed. Also grateful the rest of the bike is okay.

Thank goodness that was all of it. Glad to hear you are OK.

Reach out to Dave at Rev-Mo, hopefully he will be willing to work with you on a replacement. I'm sure even he realizes that every now and again the factory will produce an item that calls for a warranty. Even if not, he still needs to know so he can make a responsible action as I'm sure there are a lot of his pipes out there in the world.

I dont think he lurks on here often.

I really dont see how you can reinforce that area that broke. That looks like either rubbed enough material out of that mount hole from vibration and then broke or it just sheared right off. If it sheared off then yes you can make the mount thicker and stronger. Did the pipe mount break also?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast