Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Revision Moto XB-SG Slip-On Exhausts

A loose front exhaust clamp will allow the pipe to vibrate non-rhythmically with the engine and that thin brittle mount is not gonna last long like that. I bet even if it had a gussets it would rip out of there. I'm not saying yours was... I wouldn't know. I just know thats the case with other exhaust experiments I've done in the past.

Seems to me that since the pipe is ok, you could make a "J" hook to bolt to the engine and just hose clamp it back on Buell-style Even if the front pipe loosened up at least it wouldn't fall off!

Cc83. Jardine tune works great for me, IDS does not send the files. I sent my ecm to them to be flashed. I do have a buell tooth dongle and ecmdroid. AFV wanders around a bit but always in the 95-105 range. The other guys tune idled bad, fouled plugs and constantly threw lean O2 codes. Even with AFV locked at 108. Yeah my intake seals are new, fuel pump rebuilt with a kit from John, injectors clean, o2 and clt sensors good…. My sg slip on muffler is the older style with the clamp, no issues to date.

Kz6fittycent, glad you and bike are ok. Last time I endo’d due to parts falling off was a 78 Husky 390wr. Torque arm for rear drum backing plate, front bolt fell out. Pogo’d then locked up the wheel until the backing plate exploded. Bad day.

Cc83 I will give you the baro sensor if you cover the shipping. I want nothing to do with it. Send a pm if interested.

Crap! Glad you are okay. Bikes can be replaced but you can’t. Had to have been a heck of a save.

Regarding Hawk, I posted the following back in 10/19 “ FYI. I gave Randy a call this summer with a simple question. About 45 minutes later I learned that he is retiring, moving to central America, was invited to come and visit and offered to pick me up at the airport. Unless someone takes over the shop for him, might not be any more Hawk exhausts being made, at least by Randy.”

Most likely, im gonna go with revision moto, just because they seem to be the only ones actively still making exhausts for our bikes. (availability is a huge factor, I did recently see a jardine from a XB12 for 250 on the forum) Best bang for the buck. I have my starting point. Get the exhaust put it on with the provided tune and see how it runs. If it doesn't run well, I know to call up IDS and try a jardine tune(new ECM) like kicker said worked for him. This is all going to be a fall/winter project so I still have time to do my research. And will have plenty of time to work out kinks before next season. I can also try and figure out a fail safe so if at any point the same thing happens to KZ it at least doesn't fall off. I got a to do list for the bike this off season so I cant wait to really start working. I just recently finished my tail tidy. So Im happy with that. And no I did not plan on my bike and truck to pretty much color match exactly that was all a coincidence. 65498133632__6E4CF1FF-F8BA-41FF-BD8F-E5374E01AA61a.jpg 65498165271__48C040CC-55A5-4F2C-9051-236C9ADFD827a.jpg IMG_3905a.jpg And keep the info coming on all this, any ideas etc. is great> Thank you.

Glad your O.K.

Cooter " Not dying is always a good result, I'll give you a beer just for that! " Just one ?, your getting old.
    Please don't mention Stella, I miss her escapades .

Curious on how this is all mounted. I only have my jardine as a reference, which just has the springs at the header and the rear strap. Did this muffler just have the springs up front and then was bolted directly to the motor with that tab? The welds look good, but I could see vibrations on a solid mount like that causing issues down the road. I would almost want straps and the tab, or some kind of redundancy to avoid this issue. If I remember correctly, the tab was a new addition to the design. I think it previous had a strap similar to the Jardine setup.

Similar mounting style to the Jardine.

Hey Just wanted to say glad nothing seriously bad happened to you or the bike, and thank you for your because of it I ordered a universal muffler support off Amazon and plan to fabricate a bracket to give a second point of support so I don’t end up in same boat. It looks like maybe Rev Moto made a change to it’s mounting bracket I saw your pics , I got mine in Dec 21 and it had an extra tab welded on it from them.181EB267-B590-4923-BC5A-E75213A83109.jpg181EB267-B590-4923-BC5A-E75213A83109.jpg

Slight thread resurrection time: First off, I’m glad all is well. Secondly, I’m glad this didn’t turn into the flame thread of the century.

Not to discount the facts here, but things of this nature can happen to anyone at any time, OEM or aftermarket or totally custom.

It seems the issue was addressed, albeit after one man’s near death experience.

I currently have an SG on order. Reading this thread has influenced me to treat this as a track bike; safety wire everything that holds fluid, or may become a wheel chock later.

After all, I ain’t gettin’ any younger, and the ground ain’t gettin’ any softer.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gfirstmax View Post
    Slight thread resurrection time: First off, I’m glad all is well. Secondly, I’m glad this didn’t turn into the flame thread of the century.

Not to discount the facts here, but things of this nature can happen to anyone at any time, OEM or aftermarket or totally custom.

It seems the issue was addressed, albeit after one man’s near death experience.

I currently have an SG on order. Reading this thread has influenced me to treat this as a track bike; safety wire everything that holds fluid, or may become a wheel chock later.

After all, I ain’t gettin’ any younger, and the ground ain’t gettin’ any softer.
    Absolutely not, I can not pass judgement on someone/something that I have not had any experience with. Im on here for research and tips and tricks, maybe try and help out a fellow bueller like so many have helped me since I made my purchase last year. Im back on here to see if anyone has had update with the revmo exhaust. Over the winter I snagged a used jardine that I pulled apart, repacked and put back together. It just rattles/buzzes my head inside my helmet. My ears ring so bad while riding. I bought a set of Ear Peace ear plugs and that has solved the issue for the most part. But as I keep riding i start to ponder if jardine was the way to go. Im all about experimenting but it is loud. If I could find one I'd go race muffler right away but those are obsolete. Just looking for some good sound and the bike to run right. I had it stock last year, and after it warmed up and I would ride down the street and sit at a light, I would get a check engine light(which would go away after I would start riding again) . Over the winter I switched to the 9 spark plugs, rebuilt the jardine and installed race ECM from IDS. No more check engine light. It does start alittle rough with idle bouncing around until it warms up but once it does it runs perfectly.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast